FAQ | How to slipstream drivers w/o nLite?

Mysticle31

(I posted this in the Unattended setup forum before I found this one..)

Well,

First off, Hello interesting line of possibilities opened up to me with the discovery of this program!

I found this forum and read a little bit. Got interested, registered, searched though topics, downloaded nLite and begun to play.

I integrated the service packs, and all the hotfixes. I even integrated my computers drivers.

I installed my new slipstreamed windows and realized that I forgot a driver.

I went go integrate it and nLite told me that it couldn’t integrate drivers because I already had integrated drivers.

So I found this folder 'oemdir' and found that it had all my drivers in it, so I removed this folder and installed all the drivers again (except for a couple that I really don't need for example my Sony digicam).

I went to install the new windows and lo and behold! I'm missing files.. All the files that are a part of the drivers I didn't install..hmmmm.

How can I uninstall the reference to these? I found drvindx.ini which I think might be what I'm looking for to modify, but I've been down a similar road before :)

So, a many CD's later and some time. I've tracked down the missing files.. Where do they go?

I've put them all in the 'oemdir' directory, I've put them in their own subdirectorys (like the original extracted directory structure with the 'oemdir; directory as a root)

I either want to uninstall these, or fix the problem, getting extremely frustrating..

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

I don't think it is good idea to use the "driver integration" function in nLite, the worst thing is to use the nLite driver as well as the driver integration of this forum!

The best way to integration drivers is method 1 of this forum.

So start with a fresh winxp sp2 image and only use the driver integration via winni.sif

Edited by htc

I don't think it is good idea to use the "driver integration" function in nLite, the worst thing is to use the nLite driver as well as the driver integration of this forum!

The best way to integration drivers is method 1 of this forum.

So start with a fresh winxp sp2 image and only use the driver integration via winni.sif

Can you explain why nLite's driver integration is "the worst thing"?