.NET Framework 2.0 Slipstream?

nospoon

I've slipstreamed the silent installer Zxian made over here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...211#entry411281

I get the same result installing it manually on an existing installation of Windows and installing it via SVCPACK during installation of Windows (made with HFSLIP). Whether or not it actually works is something different. I don't have any programs requiring .NET 2.0 so I can't check.

The silent installer goes in HFSVPK as it's a SWITCHLESS installer. Installers for use WITH a switch go in HFSVPK_SW.

doh :( I figured that a bit after I hit the button reading those further screens along the way of the cmd script. Oh well, learned something new. Thanks :)

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of quick questions

1) can I just put dotnetfx.exe into HFSVPK_SW (it says it supports /Q switch);

2) does NetFX 2.0 runtime replace 1.1 runtime (i.e. can I run 1.1 applets under 2.0);

3) what do I do to instal 1.1 hotfixes 867460 and 886903 (they support /Q as well)???

I guess it's just too late anyway... :wacko:

A quick search would've helped you quicker... :)

1) can I just put dotnetfx.exe into HFSVPK_SW (it says it supports /Q switch);
I think it will still use the MSI inside the package (which doesn't work during an unattended installation of Windows because it requires Windows Installer 3.0 or higher). You need to make sure install.exe is called. Read the thread I linked to in one of my posts above for more information.
2) does NetFX 2.0 runtime replace 1.1 runtime (i.e. can I run 1.1 applets under 2.0);
No. An app may be compatible with 1.1 and 2.0, but the architectures are different.
3) what do I do to instal 1.1 hotfixes 867460 and 886903 (they support /Q as well)???
RyanVM has slipstreamed the Service Pack and the hotfix into .NET 1.1 and made a silent/switchless installer from it (to go in HFSVPK). You can download it here. You'll still need the language pack if you want it in another language. Edited by Tomcat76