auto shutdown software?

BombaTwist

Is there a program where i can set the time and when that time comes, it will automatically shut down the comp?

Would you believe I read in PC Magazine (or PC World) that Win XP has a built in undocumented program called Shutdown!!??

I have the article at home, but you may want to try searching these magazine sites and the program. That article explains how to use it.

You can create a scheduled task that runs a shutdown command from the command line. Something like:

shutdown.exe -s -f

The -s signifies shutdown (where a -r would merely perform a reboot) and the -f forces any open applications to close immediately.

Try shutdown /? at the command prompt for more information.

Also, if you're not using XP, you can download the psshutdown utility from sysinternals.com. It's free and works like a charm. Cheers!

- Ravashaak

Edited by ravashaak

Try a desktop clock !

Suggestion Hamsin Clock! It's Free! "Hamsin Clock is a completely customizable Internet-adjustable digital desktop clock with a powerful alarm system. You can set a nearly unlimited number of alarms, which can display a customizable message, play the .wav file of your choice, run a program, or shut down your system. Alarms can run once, daily, weekly, or monthly. You can even be reminded several seconds before an alarm action. Several behavior and appearance options are offered. Use the font and colors of your choice, or have a transparent background so your wallpaper shows through. Other options let you keep the program on top, specify the time format (including showing seconds), remove the clock from the Alt+Tab list, show the date, and more."

:thumbup

Edited by Mercury_22