Zxian's guide to Desktop Enchancements!

Zxian

@gunsmokingman - I'll put that under the "hardcore" section of the guide. :P

@harunaksoy - Thanks for that. I'll test it out and add it to the list.

@MCT - It's already there... ;)

@DivLog - Go advertise somewhere else. Several of your other threads regarding the tray clock program have been closed.

• 2 weeks later...
The latter takes a bit of know-how, and should probably be described elsewhere by someone who's actually done it (DarkWader perhaps..?).

Ah, I didnt see this post before now.

I would have made that "howto" earlier, but since WB5 is released now, and mostly everyone has it, I wont bother doing that..

Unless someone begs me to :P

Its quite simple actually.

Resize the wallpaper to the screen resolution, cut the bottom of the wallpaper so that it will fit the taskbar.

Use Paintshop and create a 2 layer image, by using the taskbar bitmap and add a new layer that's around 70% opacue, paste the wallpaper cut and merge these two layers.

Use a program called ResEdit to edit the msstyle, and change the taskbar bitmap to the one you made in paintshop.

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Konfabulator - Konfabulator Link

I haven't played much with Konfabulator, but it offers a similar feature set to AveDesk. The advantage to Konfabulator is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of pre-made widgets available to download. The popularity of Konfabulator has increased recently since it used to be a paid-for software and is now freeware.

Warning, this link possibly bad. It redirected me to a site owned by Yahoo.