DivX 6.0.3 1.0.0.122 Help please!

Mercury_22

If you did a search you would find your answer in about 2 secounds (depending on your connection speed and hardware) as this has already been covered in previous posts...

EDIT: Oh sorry! Did not see that you actually have posted in one of these previous posts...

Then this would be a double post wich is against the rules.

AGAIN that the latest DivxPlay/Create is bugged, and the /S switch (found as normal .exe /?) does not work. Wait for an update, use and old version or use AutoIt3 to install this version.

Edited by BoardBabe

AGAIN that the latest DivxPlay/Create is bugged, and the /S switch (found as normal .exe /?) does not work. Wait for an update, use and old version or use AutoIt3 to install this version.

I can't use AutoIt3 because my divx it's integrated in another installer.....

Are you sure about "DivxPlay/Create is bugged"? :huh: I'm using 6.0.3 1.0.0.108 in the meantime but i'm thinking to move to Xvid if i can't find a switch! :thumbdown

I can't use AutoIt3 because my divx it's integrated in another installer.....

Are you sure about "DivxPlay/Create is bugged"? :huh: I'm using 6.0.3 1.0.0.108 in the meantime but i'm thinking to move to Xvid if i can't find a switch! :thumbdown

Can't? :huh:

And where do you think the DivX installer is? Chances are that it is extracted and executed from your temp directory.

I do this with AutoGordianKnot and Gordianknot in the AutoIt thread. I wait for the temp installer to show it's 1st window, then I hide the window. I then execute the temp installer with silent switches and once done, I just close the process of the 1st temp installer. Setup happily continues...

That should work unless of the silent switches problem that BoardBabe has mentioned. I would check myself but that bloated installer is too big for just installing a video codec.

I do this with AutoGordianKnot and Gordianknot in the AutoIt thread. I wait for the temp installer to show it's 1st window, then I hide the window. I then execute the temp installer with silent switches and once done, I just close the process of the 1st temp installer. Setup happily continues...

That should work unless of the silent switches problem that BoardBabe has mentioned. I would check myself but that bloated installer is too big for just installing a video codec.

Already done that! ;) not working (also /L /S /D it use to be NSIS installer ! :wacko: ) Maybe I did something wrong!? :blushing:

I will try and create an automated scripted with AutoIt if needed ?

Thanks! :rolleyes: But it will be useless for me! :}

It looks like B.Babe's :whistle: right "something wrong with the installer, and NO SILENT SWITCH WORKING ATM" I hope it's only ATM :huh:

Edited by Mercury_22

• 4 weeks later...
Hehe, did they not fix it yet?

Wow that sucks, guess you still have to use an old version dude... Or autoit if you HAVE to use 6.1- It's the only way...

Now i'm beginning to think that you may be wrong about "bugged" installer :unsure:

Maybe i'm not good enough to find the "SWITCH" :(

• 2 weeks later...

DivX 6.1 Javascript silencer

This is a solution without AutoIT, it uses the Windows Scripting Host instead.

It is made for the german installer, but it is easy to apply to your localization.

This is for the installer with GoogleBAR (for IE) and Google DESKTOP.

The GoogleBAR will be installed with both versions of this script

(That is not changeable through simple keyboard commands)

but there are two versions, one with Google Desktop and one without.

Version with Google DESKTOP DISABLED:

var WshShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell");
WshShell.RUN ("\"DivXCreate.exe\"");
WScript.Sleep(3500);
WshShell.AppActivate("Sprachenauswahl");
; YOU NEED TO CHANGE THIS ^^^ TO YOUR LANGUAGE!
WScript.Sleep(500);
WshShell.SendKeys ("{ENTER}");
WScript.Sleep(500);
WScript.Sleep(500);
WshShell.SendKeys ("{TAB} {ENTER}");
WScript.Sleep(500);
WshShell.SendKeys ("{RIGHT}{DOWN 2} {DOWN} {LEFT 2}{DOWN} {DOWN} {ENTER}");
WScript.Sleep(500);
WScript.Sleep(500);
WScript.Sleep(18500);
WshShell.SendKeys ("{DOWN}{ENTER 2}");
WScript.Sleep(800);

Version with Google DESKTOP ENABLED:

var WshShell = WScript.CreateObject ("WScript.Shell");
WshShell.RUN ("\"DivXCreate.exe\"");
WScript.Sleep(3500);
WshShell.AppActivate("Sprachenauswahl");
; YOU NEED TO CHANGE THIS ^^^ TO YOUR LANGUAGE!
WScript.Sleep(500);
WScript.Sleep(500);
WScript.Sleep(500);
WshShell.SendKeys ("{TAB} {ENTER}");
WScript.Sleep(500);
WshShell.SendKeys ("{RIGHT}{DOWN 2} {DOWN} {LEFT 2}{DOWN} {DOWN} {ENTER}");
WScript.Sleep(500);
WScript.Sleep(500);
WScript.Sleep(18500);
WScript.Sleep(800);
WScript.Sleep(800);

Hope that helps,

C.RAZY

Edited by C.RAZY

Use MHz' AutoIt script in the AutoIt script collection thread. I've tried it and it is very professional and smooth working (wish there were and option to remove ALL shortcuts though, but I inprovised that).

And No im not wrong. The silent switch /S does not work. If the creators of DiVX intended for it to work or not, in this version, (namely if it can be defined as a bug or not) I do not know. It does not appear to be any other switches either. Why don't you just use AutoIt? It's simple and works perfectly. It's even as good as no GUI at all appearing.

Try autoit and you will see...

I just like to avoid AutoIt wherever possible (nothing personal, I just *think* that the keypresses in the installers are more consistent between version changes, and they are so easy to do with a little and clear-to-read wsh-script...), and besides that, someone asked for a non-AutoIt possibility :)

Greetings,

C.RAZY

Edited by C.RAZY