Trouble with sfcfiles

Briar

Hello all,

i have been working on building cd using hfslip. A while ago i tested the modified sfcfiles.dl_ which while worked fine, i havnt been using it. The latest cd i built integrated ie6 and the necessary hotfixes mentioned on the hfslip website. I made a bootable cd using nlite and now when i run the cd in vmware it keeps poping up windows saying "the software you are about to install does not contain a microsoft digital signiture". what did i do??? i tried replacing the dll file and burning a new cd but that didn't work.

note: i have obviously decided in my head that the sfcfiles.dl_ is responsible for this. i am probably wrong.

any sugestions?

Grateful as always,

Briar

Try running an HFSLIPed sourcess without using NLITE to isolate if it's HFSLIP or NLITE related. There were lots of issues lately with the latest NLITE and sfc. Also, are you slipstreaming something else? HFCLEANUP? FIX? HFEXPERT? OS? Language? Your error_report has all that info, perhaps you can attach post it so we can see what's happening.

nLite.

the SFCFILES.DL_ has been pre-modifyPE'd and is simply an empty DLL, shutting of file protection.

others have been having trouble with nLite's latest beta and this file as well lately.

There was also an interesting thread that I can't find again about the name-ology being used for Nlite since version 1, from RC1 to RC2 a bunch of features were added and changed...totally making the whole 'RC' versioning redundant heh. RC's used to squash out bugs, not introduce new ones.