Windows Genuine Advantage Firefox Plug-in.

WDGC

QUOTE:

The initial WGA 1.0 program downloaded an ActiveX control to check the authenticity of your Windows software. Since it was an ActiveX control, only Internet Explorer (IE) users could use it.

But the recent growth of Firefox has forced Microsoft to rethink their strategy. Microsoft Genuine Windows Validation process now works in Firefox and other Mozilla browsers. Firefox users can download and install the Windows Genuine Advantage validation Firefox plug-in - WGAPluginInstall.exe available on Microsoft's website to complete the Windows validation process.

Microsoft WGA Plug-in for Mozilla Firefox provides the same Windows validation as the original IE ActiveX control. The Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Site will automatically detect settings of your Mozilla Firefox web browser (1.0.5 or higher) to ensure that the appropriate helper applications such as the WGA Plug-in for Mozilla Firefox is installed.

Windows Genuine Advantage supports Firefox

Why is this WGA Firefox plug-in required?

When the Microsoft Genuine Windows Validation process was implemented some months ago, I validated my copy of Windows XP using IE and then repeated the process using Firefox. Since then I've been able to use either IE or FF to download from the MS Download Centre.

IE is still the default browser.

What experiences have other members had?