Outlook Mail

Jose Sigafus

May be impossible, but is there a way to switch to "Outlook" for mail and select the save folder to a different drive instead of "C\My Documents"??? I boot four differant operating systems and store all of my mail (Outlook Express) from all systems into a common folder in "L" drive named "NT-W2K-XP-Borg Outlook Express Mail". This way I can always find my latest mail in each operating system. I can't seem to do this with Outlook 2003. Would it let me do this in an older version of Office? Any help would be great!

I'm not sure if this will work but you could try making a new pst in the location that you want it to be and the move all of the contents of the default one to that new file. Then where you set up your mail accounts you can set the mail to be sent to that pst rather then the default. Just a thought.

Good luck

Hatefulsorrow

I'm a little confused. Are you trying to open an outlook 2003 pst in express? If so I don't think that you can. There might be an option to convert your current pst to express format. This would be in the Import/Export section of the File menu but as afore stated, I don't think that is possable without a third-party program. If I am way off base let me know.

Hatefulsorrow

No I'm not trying to open an Outlook .pst in Express. When I copied the .pst file in "C" documents to a mail folder in a common drive "L"; it won't open in Outlook. All I'm trying to do is quit using Outlook Express and use Office 2003 Outlook; but I need the save mail .pst folder on a different drive for all future mail to be saved to instead of "C" Documents. Each of my operating systems are on their own "C" drive (removable bootable trays), so I'm trying to locate all mail from all O/S's in a common folder. This works just fine in Outlook Express, but I can't figure how to do this in Outlook if it's possible?