Creative Zen Micro Help

BombaTwist

I tried searching google and yahoo, came up with one thing for this problem and it said to upgrade firmware, but after that i get more problems. so it all started off 2 days ago when i just got my zen, i loaded 600 songs already, then i had 2 songs that said "playback error", then i searched yahoo, nothing helpful came up, then i searched google, a site said to upgrade the firmware to fix the problem. my last firmware was 1.11.01, and yesterday i updated it to 2.20.05. now it was done, updated my creative mediasource organizer, and now half of the songs that used to be in my zen get a "error" in the transfer because all my songs were deleted in the process of the firmware upgrade. and i tried loading the 2 songs that had the "playback error" when i tried to play it on the zen, it transfered fine but it still gives me the "playback error". can anyone help?

two people i know have got the zen micro and they both came running to me with the same problem.

it is worth doing the firmware update for compatibility issues with wmp and outlook.

i tried tweaking and poking and updating software for a while, but nothing really seemed to work properly.

so in the end i uninstalled ALL creative software/drivers from the pc and reformatted the zen.

get onto the creative site and follow the links to the latest version of the software/drivers and install that. (do NOT install what you got on cd and do an upgrade - i tried this twice and it never worked very well.)

sync your music back to the zen.

all should be working now

• 2 weeks later...

well i dl the firmwares from nomadworld.com

and i use redchairsoftware's notmad manager with my zen xtra

everything works like a charm.

try uninstalling everything related to zen from your computer then reinstall, also try changing the usb/firewire port it uses. this way it'll treat the zen as new device...

• 5 months later...
I tried searching google and yahoo, came up with one thing for this problem and it said to upgrade firmware, but after that i get more problems. so it all started off 2 days ago when i just got my zen, i loaded 600 songs already, then i had 2 songs that said "playback error", then i searched yahoo, nothing helpful came up, then i searched google, a site said to upgrade the firmware to fix the problem. my last firmware was 1.11.01, and yesterday i updated it to 2.20.05. now it was done, updated my creative mediasource organizer, and now half of the songs that used to be in my zen get a "error" in the transfer because all my songs were deleted in the process of the firmware upgrade. and i tried loading the 2 songs that had the "playback error" when i tried to play it on the zen, it transfered fine but it still gives me the "playback error". can anyone help?

the problem is not with your creative, its the track your trying to load onto the zen micro. if the track does not work that is because the site you've downloaded it from, or the cd you've ripped it off is faulty. it may not have been compatible with creative organizer when you put it on.