TV-Out on SiS6326?

Fascix

Oki as the topic says.

I am building a HTPC from some old parts and i have this SiS6326 Graphic Card

that i cant seem to find the drivers for, for Windows XP (i have XP installed on the machine using a unattended CD with BTS Drivers Pack) WinXP recognice the card as a SiS6326 but in the propperties for the card its as dead as a Standard VGA card setup, meaning i cant seem to find any options for the TV-Out function (or anything else for that matter)

Is there a program i can use like TV-Tool or something? for the SiS6326 card

or does anyone have any ide on what to do?

Thanx

While I can't speak specifically for that particular card, here's some experience of mine with a similar issue.

For "TV out" below, I am going to mean "composite video out". I hope that's what you mean.

I setup an older Sony laptop with XP that originally came with an older version of Windows (98 I think).

Windows would only recognize the "TV out" as a separate monitor if the "TV out" port is plugged into a "video in" port on some device before the computer is turned on.

Give that a try, otherwise I'm fresh out of ideas for that card.

Okey thats what i have done aswell, Installed Win Xp on a machine that originaly came with Win98

I have both Composite and S-Video on the card.

And when i installed winxp i had the S-video conected to the TV but that didnt change anything. Maby if i try the composite it will work?

Is there any particulaur/special diferences between Composite and S-Video?

Thanx for the fast reply

I did a quick google search and found these drivers:

http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/54/54390.htm

Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a try. Also, I do know that this particular SiS chipset (63xx) won't give very good performance for DirectX under Windows XP, as the chipset only supports the DX6 command set under 2000/XP (yuck). Just an FYI.

I did a quick google search and found these drivers:

http://www.video-drivers.com/drivers/54/54390.htm

Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a try. Also, I do know that this particular SiS chipset (63xx) won't give very good performance for DirectX under Windows XP, as the chipset only supports the DX6 command set under 2000/XP (yuck). Just an FYI.

Oki thats the Win2000 drivers that you can find on SiS website and they work but not with the TV-Out function!!!...

Oki so the card worx only with directX6? as long as i can use the computer to watch movies with i am satisfied, doeas it work?

Edited by Fascix

I know the card isn't supported under XP, and you'll only get "good" performance out of it it Win9x. However, if you're only using it to watch TV, you should be OK if you've got a good decoder in your TV software (if it requires or recommends a hardware MPEG decoder, you'll have some issues with speed and frame skips).

If the driver I posted doesn't work, try to find some others via searching the 'net. I'm not sure there's anything out there for Windows XP though, either from the vendor or a third-party. It's a pretty old card.

I do have Windows 2000 for an older machine that i dont use anymore. maby i can use that instead? Or do you think i will have problem getting the video-out to work even with Win 2000?

I have a feeling that the drivers for Win 2000 is just DRIVERS nothing more!? if you know what i mean, i am getting the feeling that the TV-out function will still not be availible!?!? am i right or wrong?

Shuld i go for Windows 98 instead if i still want to use this card?

That I cannot say. You should consider trying Win2K, with the latest drivers from SiS, as that's the only way to know for sure. The card was released back in 98 or 99, IIRC, so keep that in mind. You should be able to use the added features of the card in Win2K, but there's no way to know for sure until you try.

Thanx alot cluberti..

ill try (but on top of it all i manage to blow up the psu of that computer so i have to wait until i get my hands on a new one , maby in a few days or so :( is sucks!!!!)

Thanx alot once again