XPize 4.1 MCE

XPero

It seems that some people at Microsoft Corporation didn't do their job. In C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705\System.dll and

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\System.dll there are only old icons and in

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\System.dll there is one new icon and al the rest is still the same. I applied that one to .config files now.

In these files thare are a bunch of really ugly icons, but you only see them while browsing trough the list of filetypes;

C:\WINDOWS\system32\clipbrd.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msconf.dll

C:\Program Files\NetMeeting\conf.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntbackup.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\msdasql.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\itss.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ivfsrc.ax

C:\WINDOWS\system32\mplay32.exe

C:\Program Files\NetMeeting\nmwb.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\msrating.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oleprn.dll

C:\Program Files\NetMeeting\nmoldwb.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32\appmgr.dll

Hi Xpero!

I found a way to put XPize Settings in the Control Panel, even in the right Category!

See the tweak below, perhaps an idea to add it to the installer.

;Show Xpize at Control Panel
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D14ED2E1-C75B-443c-BD7C-FC03B2F08C21}]
@="XPize Appearance desktop icons"
"InfoTip"="Change the way Icons are viewed on the Desktop!"
"{305CA226-D286-468e-B848-2B2E8E697B74} 2"=dword:00000001
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D14ED2E1-C75B-443c-BD7C-FC03B2F08C21}\DefaultIcon]
@="%SystemRoot%\\System32\\shell32.dll,161"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D14ED2E1-C75B-443c-BD7C-FC03B2F08C21}\Shell\Open\command]
@="C:\\Windows\\Resources\\xpizesettings.exe"
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D14ED2E1-C75B-443c-BD7C-FC03B2F08C21}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=dword:00000030
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\{D14ED2E1-C75B-443c-BD7C-FC03B2F08C21}]
@="XPize Appearance desktop icons"

The dword value adds it to the right category. I gave it a different name and icon in this tweak so that even my mom can recognize what it could do just by looking at the name of the item. It looks really nice in the Category view of the Control Panel. But ofcourse you can use it the way you like it!

Extras:

- Royale installed as a separate VS (no Luna + Royale)

Hy all, I succesfully installed XPize 4.1, but after I chose for a while XP default style, now I cannot go back to XPize style: all the "non-style" things are still xpize (like the Standby-Shutdown-Reboot menu), but don't know how to go back.

In the properties, as you can see below, there's no choise, and XP Reloader doesn't work for this problem.

propri0sw.th.png

How to solve it? :blink:

Extras:

- Royale installed as a separate VS (no Luna + Royale)

Hy all, I succesfully installed XPize 4.1, but after I chose for a while XP default style, now I cannot go back to XPize style: all the "non-style" things are still xpize (like the Standby-Shutdown-Reboot menu), but don't know how to go back.

In the properties, as you can see below, there's no choise, and XP Reloader doesn't work for this problem.

propri0sw.th.png

How to solve it? :blink:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=60617