[REQ] "Save as" default customization

sonica

hi all. i've already searched the forum but i'm not been able to find this hack.

i'd like that the "Save as" window shows up always with a presetted "Details" view instead of the default "list"(i'm not sure if i'm using the correct labels beacuse i use an italian version of windows, i hope you'll understand anyway)

can anyone help? i hope there's a registry for this simple request

thanks

sonic

Oops sorry, no you have to set your folders to Listview and the

Tools, Folder Options, View and

click the 'Apply To All Folder'

to get it to listview.

I been working on the hack to make all Folders default to this but I'm not done.

Since we are on this topic, is there a way to hack off those side icons or even better yet, add your own? Just briefly skimming the weblink, it looks like it only allows you to change the location. I was hoping I could add my own icons and locations, etc. Anyone know if this is possible without writing your own custom controls?

saveascontrols1qo.th.png

I don't know about applying your own icons but its possible,

but look above at my first reply and you can change it adding whatever you like that appears over there

Mine has only 3 locations set in it including 2 separate drives where I keep stuff I d/l

Edited by maxXPsoft

Dialog Box Assistant is a very simple program that becomes absolutely essential after you use it once or twice. This software adds two extra buttons to your Windows Open and Save dialog box. The left button shows you the list of most recently launched files. The right button shows you the list of most recently accessed folders. You can instantly launch a file or open a folder from the list without having to waste time browsing.

The other important features are ability to "remember" the file dialog size and style of the file list.

http://www.win-utilities.com/dba/index.html

This all went off subject as he was originally looking for Detail View in the CommonDialog. My mistake as I didn't read clearly. Detail and Thumbnail are not an option at current time.

Dialog Box Assistant $19.95 < I don't think so

TweakUI < been there and done that. I'll stick to my Reg modifying since you can do that and lot's more. Just take a look at the MSFN POst - Registry Tweaks Pt 3 I think you'll throw that TweakUI away

Edited by maxXPsoft

• 2 months later...