x850xl what system would i need?

daz98

Hey

I'm getting an ati radeon x850xl for christmas and i want to know him my system can perform up to the best of the graphics card ability. I have 1 gig ram, an amd athlon[tm]xp 2000+ (socket a) and other miner details....would the x850xl perform to the best without overclocking it on this system or would i need another cpu. I was thinking of maybe upgrading to a 2800xp (barton)(socket-a)

Thanks ;)

ohh and its an agp 8x x850xl

well i dont really want another motherboard to much hassle do you no what the best upgrade for a socket a would be and will i have to upgrade both before it will run the best of its ability...i dont want the graphics card unable because of my processor

thanxs

also im not very good with comps what do you mean about hardisks ATA133 with 8mb cache, or SATA

all in all just tell me what good motherboard and processor and if need be more ram will make the x850xl not overclocked run to the best it can

Thanks

at a reasonable price

ok so what would be a suitable price for a amd 3200+ a motherboard that could take it...im australian so put it in us dollars and i will work it out...i dont know how to work out pounds or anything

sry

yeh i wasn't going to i was going to get an amd athlon 3200+venice or somthing like that... its a socket 939 but there is a problem i dont noi what price to look at for a good motherboard and the cpu

Where abouts in oz are you??

IN melb I use cpl.net, centrecom.com.au, and msy.com.

Also have a look at staticice.com.au.

I have been looking at 939boards with agp, and I have more or less decided on gigabyte K8NS-9 Ultra, and maybe the 3700+ with 1mb cache.

yeh im in melb and nah i cant get a pci-e because my bro and dad are in america and are buying the agp one for me for about 200 - 300 dollars(us)...so i have to get an agp motherboard. so the gigabyte K8NS-9 Ultra...With the motherboards do they fit all hirdisks like sata and the other type... how much u reackon a good cpu would cost...remeber i dont wont a frikin awsome computer that would cost me tonees i just want a comp that will keep the x850xl perform to the best and not be shut down because of my cpu...

also the budgert i would have to have in us dollars would be about 300dollars max...if i cant get an alright motherboard and cpu with that then i will have to save up...300 dollars is about 500 dollars aus

Thanxs

one other thing how do i fugure out my harddisk speed and details

also sry for being a nag but how do i find out what type of ram i got and if it is compatible to the motherboard

Edited by daz98

actually it turns out i can get my hands on a $1000 australian so any motherboard and cpu, harddisk and ram at that price that would make my x850xl run perfectly i would like to know... so yeah

Edited by daz98