Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical keyboard?

has anyone been able to get logitech's itouch software to work to be able to use the multimedia keys on the keyboard? anyone know a workaround to get the multimedia keys to work? Thanks

In Windows Server 2003 Standard

• 3 weeks later...

i have the same problem with xp, although it did work before i reinstalled everything!! latest updates dont seem to help much either. all my keys do some other than what they are supposed to do!!

did u solve it, if so how?

I also have the "Cordless Optical Freedom" combo and I've got the same problems. iTouch installs alright, but immediately closes and when you drag your mouse over the tray icon it disappears. I have however, discovered a way to install the newest version of Mouseware.

In an email I just sent to Andy:

"I know a whole lot of people use Logitech mice and keyboards (I use “Cordless Optical Freedom” and a simple “Optical Mouse” incase the batteries run out), and If you try to install the most recent version of MouseWare (9.76) you will get an error message similar to: “Our software can’t run on your system!”. Now this is irritating because it is an extremely useful tool for configuring your Logitech mice to work effectively in games and other applications. Well after being inspired by the article that explains how to install “Plus! For Windows XP” on Server 2003, I decided to go to work on the Logitech problem. I first tried the same command line approach which obviously wasn’t going to work due to the fact that the install is not a .msi file type, so I scraped that idea. What I did next was double clicked the install file, and waited while it unpacked and before closing the error message, I located the temporary folder it had created and copied all the setup files to another folder. I then went into the properties of Setup.exe and went into the compatibility mode tab and ran the setup in “Windows XP” compatibility mode. And guess what? The software saw my OS as windows XP and then successfully installed. I thought that this method might be worth while to include on your guide but maybe provide the users with a .zip version of the setup files with instructions. (I can provide this if necessary)"

Hope this helps you guys out, keeps your eyes open on the iTouch problem, I'm sure logitech will eventually release new software.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ok to all that had itouch installation problems, i've figured out away based on my own knowledge and those of other boards (thx to everyone that had ideas) NEwayz, the way i did it was this:

When you install itouch it doesn't seem to update the mouse drivers properly so what i had to do is install the mouse drivers manually. NOw you're wondering "WTF? manually? its an exe file!" well this is what your going to have to do. When you run the itouch software it will uncompress all its files into your windows temp directory so windows\temp directory i believe you might have to check on that.. Then from the extracted files you will be able to grab the INF files for your keyboard. Then you go to control panel --> system --> device manager and update your keyboard drivers (lead windows to ITCH.inf). I checked to see what my keyboard registered as in WINXP and these are the keyboard devices i installed from the logitech drivers: 'easy internet keyboard' & 'logitech HID-compliant Keyboard' . Then when you run itouch it will work. The only problem ive experienced with this is every time i reboot my comp and itouch starts up it thinks it is the first time running so you'll get all that popup crap as if you just installed the program. Hope this helps you all Have fun...

ya man i spent night and day trying to fix that problem, but now 2k3 kicks so much a** :rolleyes: love it! OH also you have run itouch in compatibility mode --> windows xp or 2000 your choice and you may have to add itouch into your startup folder as well.. :)