wmp 9/windizupdate problem

ZenMystic

That deploy tool is a POS. It's good for starters, but tinkering and reading the forums here are the best bet. Here's the code you need for your winnt.sif so you get prompted on what partition you want. It works for xp and 2k.

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

Unattendmode=FullUnattended

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=WINDOWS

Filesystem=LeaveAlone

OemSkipEula=Yes

Repartition=NO

WaitForReboot="No"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

Edited by tommyp

After making the changes suggested in the post and reslipstreaming everything and doing a complete reinstall of windows firefox stil crashes when trying to do updates from the windizupdate site am using firefox 1.0.7 What other options do I have? is there any place else to go for updates...? windizupdate says there are updates for me it downloades the updates but crashes when trying to install. firefox says the plugin cause an error and closes.. Other then that windows seems to be running great

Have you tried something a little less extreme first, like Opera?

Heh - well I'm not gonna add another post just for the next one ;) Yes it is a browser. It may or may not work, but ... well lets just say its code base is more stable.

Edited by Crash&Burn

ok... 2 things.... its now downloading and updating in both browsers what was making either of them crash was when I attempted to download an updated driver for my eathernet card.

The problem i now have is that after installing updates NOT drivers.. it installs and tells me to reboot.. I do this... but upon return to update site it still lists the updates I just updated.... its like even though it updated (or says it did) either it didn't really update or its not seeing that the update happend

And there is our sticky: Windows 2000 (all). The_Guy did the initial post, I fine combed it and offered some corrections. So pretty much it just needs to be updated every monthly patch tuesday ;)

And if you think its missing something feel free... but double check first - cuz theres 2 or 3 that are likely not in that list, because if you check Microsoft closely they specify Windows 2000 Server only...

Edited by Crash&Burn