Tiny Firewall

awergh

Is there a free tiny firewall that only controls what programs access the internet and not the incoming connections because I have ipcop to do that on another computer and it can not monitor programs and the program must be able to run on 98SE

I recommend Sygate Personal Firewall Pro. Been using it for quite some time now and I love it, especially the DLL Authentication. Although, it can get a bit annoying when launching games sometimes, due to the online multiplayer, you have to minimize the game once it's loaded to accept new changes Sygate sees. Also, I love the "Block all traffic when Service is not started". :)

Jeremy, I wouldn't call a 8.9MB download small. Thats over twice the size of even the *current* Kerio 4.x series.

And for a so-called-professional company - they don't even host their own downloads - they send you off to SimTel and a slew of popups.

Theres also "Tiny Personal Firewall 2.0.15a" at 1.2mb, compared to Kerio's 2.1mb, but you might be hardpressed to find a valid download for Tiny. The few I've seen that are left are corrupt downloads. But at 1.2MB thats an easy Email if one so wished.

Edited by Crash&Burn

Jeremy, I wouldn't call a 8.9MB download small. Thats over twice the size of even the *current* Kerio 4.x series.

And for a so-called-professional company - they don't even host their own downloads - they send you off to SimTel and a slew of popups.

Sure the download is a bit bigger, but Kerio takes up twice as much RAM as Sygate, and its more "in your face".

I'd rather download a 130MB program to use 2MB of RAM than a 4MB download that uses 20MB of RAM. ;)

• 3 weeks later...