need help with Win XP x64 with Win XP Pro.

Steveo87

I just installed Win XP x64 and I won’t to install Win XP Pro. Also I have 3 hard drives I use the 3rd one for my back up’s and downloads my 1ST one is for Win XP x64 and my 2nd one is for Win XP Pro. I got Win XP x64 bit installed and when I try to install Win XP Pro. I get an error “windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe please re-install of the above file” and I tried re-install Win it but it come up with the same error. I only get half way done with installing Win XP Pro. (Like it just finishing the DOS part of it) and when after it reboots an error come up. I don’t know what’s wrong LoL it could be I have to install Win XP Pro. 1st but I don’t won’t to redo Win XP x64 again unless I have too. Thanks for your help

If u wont to see my boot code:

If u wont to see my boot code:

[boot loader]

timeout=5

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(0)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(0)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

My guess is that one is trying to load the other's windows folder. This can happen if the different installs handle the disk numbering in different ways.

Suggestion? Install XP pro first and then XP x64, and you should be alright.

look at your boot loader there is no such place as partition 0

[boot loader]

timeout=5

[operating systems]

Should read

[boot loader]

timeout=5

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect