Outlook Express Problem, can anyone anwser this ?

kazoo20

I am familar with settings and how to set up Express and Identies in outlook Express. However, I encounterd a problem when helping someone. After I walked this person through creating a new Identity they had 2 prblems. 1st, all mail would not go into the separete inbox, it was just all combined into the main user identity ? I went through all settings over and over agian and everything seemed like it was configured correct. This is using 2 usernames under 1 account with from the same isp.

Can anyone tell me whats up with this ?? any soulitions or tips would greatly be appreciated, I just have to know the anwser to this, it's killing me. :}

Hi,

Not sure I'm quite getting it, but as you know, Identities are just shortcuts to individual Accounts, so that any problem will be within the Accounts themselves and not the Identity function. After you have set up the two Identities you want, you can delete the default Main Identity.

So, if you've done this and are still getting malfunctions, I would be checking the entries in each account in Tools => Accounts => Mail tab => Properties. Log into each Identity in turn to check each separate Account entries. I'm assuming that each user has a distinct e-mail address, although from the same ISP provider.

Luck!