winxp doesnt bootup w/ usb2.0 pci card in

jayc021

i just brought a adaptec usb2.0 pci card (4ports). when i install the card and boot up my pc it freezes on the startup screen of xp, i tried to disable the usb ports on the mobo, but that didnt work, when i take the card out, it boots up fine. also tried to put it on different pci slots and no luck. is anyone using this card? and how they got it to work?

im running win xp 2600 build

AMD 1Ghz on a Abit KT7-R

2x 256mb =512mb ram

linksys 10/100

soundblaster live value

geforce ddr 32mb

2x HD western digi. 20gig raid 0 to 40gig

1x HD IBM 15gig

Zipdrive 100 internal

acer 8/4/32

well its obvisoly a IRQ promblem. I would suggest moving all your cards around till you cant get a good setting. When I first installed XP I had to do the same. I have a video card, tv tuner card, ata controller, sound, and usb.

-XPerties

****, i thought i had it bad. i did try to rearrange the cards around the farest i got was getting the blue bar go around twice and stop then when i restarted the pc, it would go past the start logo and just when u think its going to show u ur desktop its doesnt, its stays black. i thought its was a IRQ problem, i thought not to a sign a IRQ for the usb in the bio's, but it didnt work. im thinking of just re-installin xp with the cards already placed in the pc, then maybe it will pick it up and install the drivers for it when its installing, cause i checked the adaptec site and xp has the drivers already for this card. any other good ideas u can think of would help.

well, it seems that xp wont take the card at all, i tried to do a clean install of xp w/ the card in it, but i had no luck with it. xp didnt even want to install. so i tried installin 98se, and it picked it up like nothin. so 4 now im gonna have to take the usb2.0 back and get a usb1.0 card instead and see if itll take that one. :hohum