Add ic.exe as hotfix in slipstreming?

DanceMan

I've finally begun slipstreaming USP 5.0SR1 using nLite. I'd like to try adding Gurgelmeyer's Internet Components file, ic.exe, to the slipstream, so that it would not need to be installed later. I'm going to give it a try, but wondered if anyone has already tried it, or if anyone knows whether it can be treated as a hotfix for the purpose of integration by nLite.

My hope is to integrate it, and then run it through nLite a second time to strip out Outlook Express. Eyeryone has their own preferences. I need IE for updates, but I don't need OE.

Edited by DanceMan

Actually, you shouldn't run nlite twice. At least, with previous versions, if you run Nlite on a source that has already been Nlited' you get a mess. Look thru the old posts, I believe Gurgelmeyer has stated that IC was not meant to be slipstreamed - even with Nlite.

You do not really need IE for updates, check out FDV's site, for info on this.

• 2 months later...

I just started following this and I was wondering this too.

Data Access Components for Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (Data Access + XML + JET + more + fixes)

Internet Components for Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (IE6SP1 + WAB6 + OE6SP1 + Script Engines + fixes)

DirectX® Components for Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (DirectX 9.0C)

Where is the best place to install those files listed on your site? I understand that we are still unable to integrate them. Are we supposed to just run them after the install with runonce? What switches do those files accept?

Edited by johnnyb

uses the 5.1 release, after that, you only nead 2 updates - a MS-Spyware-removal-tool (run once process), and could update to NET1.1 and 2.0 and dx9c after that you ara just about completely up 2 date