Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
sparks79

USB to IDE Converter/Adaptor

I have an Archos Arcdisk, which is a Flash Drive with a Male USB Plug.

For my experimentation with successfully installing windows on a flash drive , it must be directly connected to the ide socket on the m/b.

Idealy what I want if there is such a thing is a USB female to IDE female adaptor or converter.Or some help with the Pinouts for the ide to usb.

You need more than just pin ouits. USB is serial data transfer and IDE is parallel. You require a converter chip to do this for you. If you cannot find a converter i can build one for you but it will require me to create a pcb for the conversion process (which might cost a bit).