Cleaning Dust From Hardware

Robertson

ive been wondering this for quite sometime as my hardware seems to be building up dust and i think it needs to be blasted off. my dad has an air compressor but its the kind that takes paint off cars, hehehe.

does anyone know any usefull tools, techniques etc of clearing ur machine of dust.

let me know

laters

i bought a 2" pain tbrush. never used for anything but cleaning the pc.

canned air is also usefull but only blows the dust somewhere else.

using a vac can build up static on your equipment. i would only use it on a fan or heatsink thats been taken off of the electrical gear.

I use a vacuum, its ideal because its plastic and cant hold electric charges and doesent blow the dust elsewhere.

The air itself passing over the circuitry.. laden with dust, can form static charges....

not that its very likley anyway.

also.. a vac is good to get the loose stuff up.. then you gotta clean it properly, best ways i know are air can or paint brush. The paint brush will last a lot longer :)

i just had to strip my system, theres a lot of building work going on here.. new kitchen fitted, new bathroom.

new dust :rolleyes:

i took my mobo out and took the fan off the top of my Zalman cooler, easier than taking the fan off the board as its a bolt on one. there was that much dust i eventually had to strip the whole lot off and clean it on a anti static foam mat on the floor... theres was just too much dust.

Heres what i found:

post-5-1050772369_thumb.jpg