Help on adding reg tweaks

I have read over here, but not 100% knowledgable yet.

How exactly do I add registery tweaks to my unattended installation of windows xp sp2, so when windows is installing, these registery tweaks are installed as well (aka, Loginui.exe)

Is there a way for all of this to install during windows installation to where when I first see my desktop, the changes are already there?

Thanks,

Emac

Add on your cd a directory "$OEM$"

In this directory, create a file named "cmdlines.txt"

In this file add this:

[COMMANDS]"regedit /s a:\regtweaks.reg"

Now, during installation, insert your diskette wich contain your reg file (regtweaks.reg) and you're done :)

a disk? I thought there was a way like you first explained, but with a batch file, I just want it all installed in last T-12 minutes, and be there win I go onto the desktop for the first time. I already had cmdlines.txt in $oem$ but what do I put in batch file, and where does it go.

You don't need a floppy drive. Place your regtweaks file in the same directory as cmdlines.txt and then have the following in your file.

[COMMANDS]
"regedit /s regtweaks.reg"

If you want to add a batch file to install programs or set up RunOnceEx, have the following:

[COMMANDS]
"SomeBatchFile.cmd"
"regedit /s regtweaks.reg"

This is how I've got it in my install.

Just as an added bonus, any regtweaks that are listed under HKEY_Current_User will be applied to the default user profile, meaning that all users will have that tweak applied. :)

Just some food for thought................

Once you understand how the register works

You will find out that the tweaks need to be installed when the hives are put together that is at the end before the computer reboots the first time..,,, then reapplied during the t-12 stage and after the final reboot and when you apply then after the final reboot you have to kill task the EXPLORER.exe before applying the tweaks..

The reason you have to kill task the explorer some of the keys are in use and they are in mem and they are saved when you reboot so matter how many times you change them they will not stay cause when you reboot they are over written by what is memory.............

so when you kill task explorer.exe they are saved from that then you run the tweaks and reboot bingo you see your changes,,,,,,,,

I'm confused,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have gone as far as tweaking the hive setup files,,,,,,,,,,

and I run on the hidden default desktop...