Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0

djsleepy

This error is raised during the Windows Media Format 9.5 installation. To solve this error you have to modify the custom action defined within the "common.msi" "CustomAction" table.

Adobe has already added the command line params for a quit admin install (/Q:A) but forget the "/DisallowSystemRestore" switch.

Add the "/DisallowSystemRestore" parameter to the custom action (beginning with "WMF95"). When using Microsoft's Orca (Windows Installer SDK) the command line parameters are shown in the "TARGET" column.

So it's working even via gpo software distribution .... (don't forget your serial within your Abcpy.ini)

post-85768-1137740912_thumb.png

Edited by majestix

• 2 months later...

can someone please post the original Abcpy.ini & setup.ini from the setup files? i overwrited the original one & i need it as a reference. i dont wanna download a huge file again. thnx :)

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so if I have this straight:

1). Grab a copy of MageJubi's abcpy.ini file and edit to include your serial, then rename setup.ini to render it useless and drop the abcpy.ini in the same directory to get the job done.

2). Follow advice provided by majestix and edit the common.msi file to include the /DisallowSystemRestore switch.

3). Merge the relevant Bilou Gateux registry tweak found HERE to prevent post-install nags.

Here's my AutoIt script, run from the Adobe_Photoshop_Elements directory, note the renamed .msi:

SplashTextOn		("", "" & @CRLF & "Installing Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0..."  & @CRLF & ""   & @CRLF & "Please wait..."  & @CRLF & "", 320, 90, -1, -1, 1, "Arial", 12, 12)
RunWait ('msiexec /i "' & @ScriptDir & '\APE4.msi" /qn')
Sleep (500)
Run ( @ScriptDir & "\install.cmd", "", @SW_HIDE)
Sleep (1500)
SplashOff ()
Exit

The batch (thanks Bilou G.):

@echo off

:: avoid users being prompted to look for updates
reg add "HKLM\Software\Adobe\Updater" /v Entreprise /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: disable the Adobe Photo Downloader
reg add "HKLM\Software\Adobe\Photoshop elements\4.0\Adobe Photo Downloader\Preferences" /v AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
:: registration done
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{EBB7C1C1-D439-4D9B-9FDC-954C10F266B0}" /v "EPIC_REGS_TYPE" /t REG_DWORD /d 4 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{EBB7C1C1-D439-4D9B-9FDC-954C10F266B0}" /v "EPIC_REGS_STATE" /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{EBB7C1C1-D439-4D9B-9FDC-954C10F266B0}" /v "EPIC_REGS_LANG" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{EBB7C1C1-D439-4D9B-9FDC-954C10F266B0}" /v "EPIC_REGS_COUNT" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /t

cls
exit

It works.