[Help] - Luna Theme

Hickster

Hi there. I need some help getting back my Luna theme in XP. When I do a search on my computer, I see files for it but I can't seem to get it to come up. When I go in to change the theme, it shows Windows XP but does not give me that rounded corner look. Under the appearance tab it only has the windows classic style option. Can anyone help me in getting that rounded corner look back? I hope I'm clearer than mud here. :unsure:

Edited by Zxian

Grab your Windows XP CD and pop it in your CD drive. Exit out of the setup if it appears.

Go to Start->Run and type in cmd. In the command prompt that appears, type in sfc /scannow. After it's done, reboot your computer.

Does that help any?

Grab your Windows XP CD and pop it in your CD drive. Exit out of the setup if it appears.

Go to Start->Run and type in cmd. In the command prompt that appears, type in sfc /scannow. After it's done, reboot your computer.

Does that help any?

That fixed it! :thumbup Thanks so much!

Does anyone remember when sony (I think) introduced the "my first" line of appliances some years ago? They were electonics with minimal features and funtionality and large colorful buttons, basically marketed towards children/young people needing durable, simple, yet aesthically appealling products. This is what the "luna theme" reminds of (My First OS). I hate to live in the past, but I still love the Windows "classic" theme. (as far as default themes go.)

Edited by TheFlash428

Why ever use themes? they only slow down everything i have uninstalled em

Because I find it easier to read white text on black than black on grey. ;)

Not to mention that they're pretty, and don't slow newish (<3 years) computers down that much. My parents computer at home is an Athlon 1GHz, 512MB RAM, and it handles themes just dandy.

@skeletorscorpse - Classic gets old kinda fast for me. I sometimes forget that I'm running something other than Win9x if I'm on classic.

:hello: i dont believe the luna theme slows down anything at least so minimual its not a issue.myself i think its pretty slick and sure to be eye candy to a newbie.i sometimes switch to classic i only know a few who like it better no biggie.now next time u nlite a cd dont remove luna hell its small dont take no room at all.