Problem with Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Drivers...

roper512

So I used nLite for the first time the other night.. Everything worked awesome, except the audio drivers didn't QUITE install all the way.. It was odd actually..

After formatting and booting into windows, everything looked as if it was perfect.. I noticed the little speaker icon was in the tray so I was like ok cool sound drivers were installed all right.. I didn't notice a problem until I actually put on my headphones and noticed there was no sound... odd..

So I went into device manager and checked it out, nothing had exclamation marks or whatnot, and it seemed like a bunch of drivers were installed for the various sound blaster items.. What was weirder was when I double clicked the speaker icon, i got access to very few volume options, instead of normally having access to all of them..

So I just installed the driver that I had slipstreamed over what was already there and it fixed the issue. However I did notice one new item pop up in device manager (Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)).. I'm just wondering why it didn't get fully integrated?

One thing of note is, when I was telling nlite the driveres to implement, I noticed that you can only select one .inf file from a folder, and the creative labs sound driver folder had multiple inf's in it.. I know nlite only needs one, but could this have caused the issue? Do I need to make seperate folders for each of the infs or something?

One other thing I should mention is these drivers are the latest beta drivers that came out recently.. Normally if I wanted to install the older non-beta drivers it requires installing THREE seperate drivers.. One as the base driver install, and then two updates on top of that, all requiring reboots (sigh).. I don't think them being beta should be an issue as I installed the latest beta drivers from nvidia and it worked fine..

Like I mentioned before I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS.. My motherboard is an Asus A8N-SLI Premium (1008 bios).. All other drivers that I slipstreamed installed perfect which include:

nvidia 81.87 beta video drivers

nforce4 chipset drivers 6.70 (nvraid/nvata, ethernet, smbus)

dell 2405fpw driver

Thanks a lot for any help

Same exact thing happens to me. I've been trying to figure out a way to integrate Creative drivers for some time now, but no luck. Most people just suggest using the kx project drivers, but I would much rather use the creative drivers.

Unless someone knows a solution you might just be out of luck.

And about the multiple .infs in a folder, no that does not matter.

I'm thinking what might need to end up happening is just making a program addon for the creative drivers.

Edited by dale5605

Thanks very much dale for the reply.. At least I know I'm not alone in this :)

Same exact thing happens to me. I've been trying to figure out a way to integrate Creative drivers for some time now, but no luck. Most people just suggest using the kx project drivers, but I would much rather use the creative drivers.

Unless someone knows a solution you might just be out of luck.

And about the multiple .infs in a folder, no that does not matter.

I'm thinking what might need to end up happening is just making a program addon for the creative drivers.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...