Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

Is there an iTunes installation available somewhere that is:

1) Compatible with Quicktime Alternative 1.67

2) Doesn't suffer the iTunes.msi problem given here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=69296

3) Can be installed without Apple Quicktime...

4) Silently

I've searched for ages but can't find the definative answer!

EDIT: I've just found this statement from Roguespear: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=475282

Typical, you search for hours and find an answer 2 seconds after you ask. I'll report back :)

Tom

Edited by tommk

rogue so i discovered the cab files and now I LOVE THEM and i love your work offering us also a cab version, you rule man!!! But let me ask you just one thing:

downloaded your cabs file, i just run Nlite and integrate them right? I don't must do anithing else right?

And how to delete the shortcut after the program is installed on my winuna copy? I mean the start menu shortcut...

downloaded your cabs file, i just run Nlite and integrate them right? I don't must do anithing else right?
Yep, that's about it.
And how to delete the shortcut after the program is installed on my winuna copy? I mean the start menu shortcut...
Best thing I could suggest is to make a batch or script that deletes the shortcuts you don't want to keep.

Eraser v5.8 released. Love your work if I haven't said it before. :)

Wow, that's the first update in a couple of years I think. I thought this title was pretty much retired.

After reading the forum I'm sorry to say it's a "beta" release. They have been making "silent" updates to it without changing the version number. Maybe it isn't a good idea to upgrade this addon yet.

Edit: Been running 5.8 since release and haven't found any problems.

Edited by Aserone

• 2 weeks later...

For all TrueCrypt users: I put a special note in the entry on page 1 for this utility. You must make sure to uninstall V4.1 and reboot prior to installing V4.2. For unattended installations, just install as usual.

@RogueSpear, Shark007 created Shockwave silent/switchless installer without Yahoo toolbar/browser popup. I edited the installer making it quiet (/qn instead of /qb). Muiz also created a flash installer.

The Shockwave installer & topic is the first post here

In my post you'll find the /qn version of this Shockwave silent installer.

Muiz created a Flash switchless installer for non-English users here.

I like the Shockwave installer A LOT, don't like ads/Yahoo! Toolbar.