stop errors

discarnet

What is the actual call stack? Set your computer up to do a full memory dump, make sure your pagefile is on C: (and is at least 50MB larger than the amount of physical RAM in your system), then make it dump. Post the whole call stack here, and I can help.

Also, consider visiting this site:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

sorry cant do that cos every time i try to do any thing it runs really slow (up to 5 mins to open a program or folder) and then crashes to blue screen.

Will try the memory tester from suggested site in the morning and report back

Edited by discarnet

sorry cant do that cos every time i try to do any thing it runs really slow (up to 5 mins to open a program or folder) and then crashes to blue screen.

Will try the memory tester from suggested site in the morning and report back

May also want to run Prime95 and then check the Vcore.

ok think i got it all hardware tested ok. However there seems to be a software conflict with nortons system works and mcafee firewall ( dont know why the bloke didnt just install nortons firewall)

Mind you i cant get windows to accept the key number off the COE have tried xp home sp2 OEM, and home sp2 retail, Computer was pre installed with sp1 but dont have a copy of that. :no: the recovery partition was corrupt and held no usable data so the restore cd doesn't work and the shop havent supplied a hard copy of xp

Mind you i cant get windows to accept the key number off the COE have tried xp home sp2 OEM, and home sp2 retail, Computer was pre installed with sp1 but dont have a copy of that.
That's because you'd need a VLK OEM key to make it work, because the OS that was installed was a special VLK version of XP. You'd have to reinstall with a full version OEM copy of XP to be able to use an OEM key, unfortunately.
The recovery partition was corrupt and held no usable data so the restore cd doesn't work and the shop havent supplied a hard copy of xp.

Depending on the licensing agreement the vendor has with Microsoft, they may not have been able to provide a real XP CD. If the vendor is unable to provide you with a copy of XP, your only recourse (short of getting the machine re-imaged by the vendor) is to contact Microsoft and see what they can do for your friend.

Edited by cluberti

Never, never use a Mcafee product. Your will just be asking for and getting a whole lot of trouble.

Do You honestly think you are telling the truth??? That Mcafee is the problem, because i use mcafee products and never had a problem, if u supply evidence of this maby i will giv u some credit but come on!