No HFSLIP for XP SP1?

zerospeed

Hi, due some incompatibilities with SP2 (firewire 1394b not working, to list one) I need to install SP1 in a few computers.

is HFSLIP compatible with it? I made a list of hotfixes need to be installed from a clean XP SP1 CD.

Could these hf be slipstreamed with HFSLIP?

Maybe hfslip.cmd should try to expand sp1.cab before sp2.cab and then merge it with driver.cab.

Is that possible?

Thanks for making this excelent tool!

Bye.

Zero

I don't plan on doing XPSP1 stuff, but here's what you have to do. Edit the script as follows. Find this part (it's sort of close to the top).

IF "%VERSION%"=="XP" (
SET T1=TommyP's HFSLIP XP/WMP10/WUA20 Hotfix Slipstreamer
TITLE %T1%
CALL :FOLDERPREP
SET PREP=%~dp0
SET SP=SP2
CALL :SLIPSTREAM
)

Change the SET SP=SP2 to SET SP=SP1. I really don't support this and I haven't tried it, so you are on your own. If you have success, please post back.

Another option is to slipstream the old working driver using the HFEXPERT folder.

Edited by tommyp

Hi, due some incompatibilities with SP2 (firewire 1394b not working, to list one) I need to install SP1 in a few computers.

is HFSLIP compatible with it? I made a list of hotfixes need to be installed from a clean XP SP1 CD.

See here for my built list for WinXP SP1. I haven't yet checked if it's error free but it's a good start.

Please report your try and error.

See here for my built list for WinXP SP1. I haven't yet checked if it's error free but it's a good start.

Please report your try and error.

Well, a few hours later, got a XP+SP1 cd working, but no HFSLIP possible :no:

Even after the SP1 / SP2 modification, the CD didn't pass from the kernel loading with the cd boots (STOP 0x06 if memory don't fail me).

So, no way to solve this... integrating the old way (patch after patch).

Now with SP1 1394b networking works, but something "lags" when remotely playing files, when SP2 didn't happen... (but with SP2 soemtimes network completly disappeared) :unsure:

Well, back to the design table, looking for solutions.

Thanks anybody,

Zero