what is the most top DSL Broadband and phone companies

kurt476

hi i don't know witch forum this would be good under so i just put here i guse this is good as any.

do you know the most top DSL, Broadband, phone companies in the U.S.A. and N.Y.?

here what i am looking for on DSL the most bandwidth, a good deal.

Edited by kurt476

As far as bandwidth and quality of service, I'm not familiar with NY.

I live in the DC metro area, and have experience with Verizon DSL and Adelphia (cable) broadband service.

The cable service provides slightly better bandwith, but that's only when it's working the way it's supposed to (I've had some problems with thier customer service), and in my opinion is too expensive. Verizon DSL, which I had to give up because I no longer live in the service area, was much more affordable and reliable--and I've heard that verizon is increasing the bandwidth in some areas.

I have heard the same thing. Dont go with SBC no matter what. I dont know if they are big in the East coast but try to avoid them at all costs. Seems like Verizon is the way to go they are laying fiber lines everywhere.

The top DSL Broadband and phone company (IMO anyways) would be Verizon.

The reason for it is that Verizon is literally rolling out fiber-optics to peoples houses in New York (various parts), Texas and other states. (In addition to offering telephone service, tv service they offer 30 Meg /5 Meg for $200 or 15/2 for $45 US Dollars.)

Edited by User_name

**** I am jealous. I recently read an article about SBC cutting down on the ways people use internet connections....like if people use voip technology to make phone calls, SBC is actually going to disable those packets until people start paying for the privilege of making voip calls. How freaking lame is that? As you can tell I am an SBC customer here on the West coast. I really wish Verizon was coming here.

verizon should be there...hmm...i wish verizon was here...they just have verizon cell phone service here. i SO want FiOS...it costs as much as my current internet...and my current internet is horrible. Bresnan online sucks...i don't get the speeds i should get, and it's just overal a lame service. we don't even have vonage out here.

this sounds like verizon is the best most dsl company. i'm tempilory looking for alternative broadband company. currently with verizon my brother and i have back bills need to be payed-on for verizon :blink:

so i may endup going with time warner company witch stands for road runner.

so if you have alternative company please let me know thank you.

Edited by kurt476

this sounds like verizon is the best most dsl company. i'm tempilory looking for alternative broadband company. currently with verizon my brother and i have back bills need to be payed-on for verizon :blink:

so i may endup going with time warner company witch stands for road runner.

so if you have alternative company please let me know thank you.

Well, It sounds like their might be new information to your question, but I will say this--we have offset the higher price of cable broadband service with vonage VoIP service. I still think Verizon is tops, but if you are eligible for cable internet service, the comercial VoIP services are pretty reliable now, and you can completely drop your local phone service.

• 2 weeks later...