MP3 software

<><

Hi, im looking for software that will allow me to split mp3s (like if i only wanted the mp3 from second 0:23 to 1:12), software that will allow me to combine two mp3s (like if i split 2 mp3s, i want to attach one to the end and make one long mp3), and maybe some software that will also allow me to fade in/fade out parts of the mp3 (as in it starts of at a low volume and then gets to regular volume)

Im looking for a good software for that, mainly for splitting and joining mp3s, and the splitting maybe at the millisecond level and not the second level

I am also looking for some mp3 software. Right now my collection uses high quality settings, such as 384 VBR, Joint Stero, etc. This makes the files in the 5 to 7 MB range. I am looking for a program to "resample" these to a lower bitrate and/or quality. This way, I can put more songs onto my Palm handheld. My space on it is limited so I am willing to sacrifice quality for quanity.

-John

Hi, im looking for software that will allow me to split mp3s (like if i only wanted the mp3 from second 0:23 to 1:12), software that will allow me to combine two mp3s (like if i split 2 mp3s, i want to attach one to the end and make one long mp3), and maybe some software that will also allow me to fade in/fade out parts of the mp3 (as in it starts of at a low volume and then gets to regular volume)

Im looking for a good software for that, mainly for splitting and joining mp3s, and the splitting maybe at the millisecond level and not the second level

Mp3 splitter & Joiner,the best one on this kind of use in my POW.

I am also looking for some mp3 software. Right now my collection uses high quality settings, such as 384 VBR, Joint Stero, etc. This makes the files in the 5 to 7 MB range. I am looking for a program to "resample" these to a lower bitrate and/or quality. This way, I can put more songs onto my Palm handheld. My space on it is limited so I am willing to sacrifice quality for quanity.

-John

try DietMp3.

Yes, Audacity is nice.

Cool Edit Pro (which someone told me was bought out and put into Adobe Audition, dunno if that's true or not) is somewhat better in terms of easier-to-remember hotkeys, but is not free of course. Use Audacity.

Edited by Jeremy