Nero 7 Ultra only The Basic's.

keytotime

OK I followed the VideoGuides, also removed NeroCheck and NeroSharedMediaComponents (this is about the Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter folder wich is ~10 MB and is completely useless unless you do not have any codec installed.

Also removed all .chm help file since they do not contain any Help, just a link to the website.

I kept Nero Tools, Nero Coverdesigner and used what Smashly said if you want to keep Nero Express working.

Installer works perfectly!

Problem: I can not start Coverdesigner! Not from Nero Express but also not if I just run it from its folder!

It seems a little bit like the problem there was with the first Nero 6 shrinkguides.... then also Coverdesigner failed to start.

Any solution?

I really want to finish this, Nero has cost me lots of time!

can someone summarise all the new stuff that can be removed and add it to start of the thread.

@ZileXa

thanks for the dsfilters tip :)

I have repacked the 7z at home... with not only the videoguide but also the part of the guide of key2time that is neccassary and most important tips and credits (to key2time, tempuser and smashly) in a .txt file...

I just wanted to have all the important info in one place :)

I didn't upload yet... I thought I could find a fix for the Coverdesigner first..

will upload later today.

has anyone figured out how to disable the Office 2003 style GUI (the menu bars) ?

Well thats very easy, just don't use the standard Blue Windows XP skin!

Office 2003 and nero7 just adapt on the skin you choose for WinXP.

So right-click on your Desktop > select Properties,

the Window that opens will be on the THEMES tab, now select a different skin.

I would recommend you to search for NBLUE skin, people who dont appreciate changes (like my parents) will love it, it looks great but is still in the WinXP style.

otherwise look for Vista or Inspirat or MaxUnleashed skins :)

Still have not figured out how to get Coverdesigner working!

Does anyone have it working? Could you PLEASE post wich files you have in the coverdesigner folder?

I am getting this error:

Cannot load imaging subsystem blabla

I click OK, same error appears, again OK, now error it cannot find blabla.dat, but this .dat file IS present in the folder..

Well thats very easy, just don't use the standard Blue Windows XP skin!
Office 2003 and nero7 just adapt on the skin you choose for WinXP.

Don't know about office 2003 , but definately not so with nero 7.

I use a custom classic desktop theme in xp and nero 7 is very much the same as when I use default Luna theme.

Only thing that changes for me is the colour theme but not the actual Office 2003 style GUI (the menu bars).

Cheers.

can anyone give silent switches for version 7.0.1.2??? i have tried to run setup directly from "nero.msi" with /qn switch..but it says that "SETUP MUST START WITH SETUP.EXE" and while i tried setupx.exe with /silent /noreboot switch...it told me to start setup with "nero.msi" ...lol!! what is current switches for it?? and how to start?

can anyone give silent switches for version 7.0.1.2??? i have tried to run setup directly from "nero.msi" with /qn switch..but it says that "SETUP MUST START WITH SETUP.EXE" and while i tried setupx.exe with /silent /noreboot switch...it told me to start setup with "nero.msi" ...lol!! what is current switches for it?? and how to start?
nero.msi /qb /norestart

The only things left for removal is the Windows 9x stuff (everything labeled on _9x and CD95) and we are done :)

P.S. You need ImageExpress Component for at least CoverDesigner. You don't need it if you use Nero Burning ROM only

Edited by hp38guser

NERO BURNING ROM 7.0.1.4b NL

Package contains:

Nero Burning Rom

Nero Cover Designer

Nero Toolkit

Complete Help (Both ENG+NLD)

- Shortcut group is created in Start Menu

- Shortcut to Nero Express is added to Desktop

Download:

Unavailable at the moment

You can apply license information afterwards using regkey, or by entering keydata manual on Nero startup.

Now if someone could post necessary DirectShow filters to keep for VCD and SVCD creation, I will bring out 2 packs for Dutch and English users.

Edited by hp38guser