Nero 7 Ultra only The Basic's.

keytotime

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone is having this problem with shortcuts: I used keytotime's guide on adding shortcuts, and went on to use the same syntax for other software and most of the time it worked, only it would always create a working shortcut and an empty folder with the same name in the desired place. So, for instance, if I wanted to create a shortcut for Nero Burning Rom in the Start menu, I would get the shortcut and an empty folder, by the same name...

Would anyone be so kind as to advise me on where I'm going wrong?

Here's the relevant part of my Cleanup.cmd:

NB: The first statement is OK, it creates a folder inside which the shortcuts - and the empty folders...- go. It's the other two statements that matter.

If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" md "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Premium"

If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe" md "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Nero StartSmart"

If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero\Uninstall\UNNERO.exe" md "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Premium\Uninstall Nero"

XXMKLINK "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Nero StartSmart" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero StartSmart\NeroStartSmart.exe"

XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Premium\Uninstall Nero" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero\Uninstall\UNNERO.exe"

By the way, I placed XXMKLINK.EXE in /i386/ and modified both DOSNET and TXTSETUP according to the instructions given.

I hope this isn't too silly, but hey, I guess I need help!

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

20.01.06 - I think I can now understand what happenned: my statements were duplicated, i.e I had an 'If exist..." and an "XXMKLINK..." for every shorcut I wanted to add.... rather embarrassing, really!! :blushing:

Well, I've worked it out now, so it's OK.

Thanks for the help and the suggestions!

Edited by Sangi

Since ppl are using XXMKLINK to add shortcuts for nero that will not be removed when nero is uninstalled I just don't see why they don't just create a shortcut.inf run it from runonceex or cleanup.cmd. :}

Much cleaner,smoother approach then adding another third party prog to do it IMHO.

Eample of shortcut.inf to add a "Nero Burning Rom" shortcuts to All Users\Program Files\Nero 7\ and Quicklaunch

[Version]
Signature=$CHICAGO$

[Shortcuts]
UpdateInis=AddLink

[AddLink]
setup.ini, progman.groups,, "group1=""%16410%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\"""
setup.ini, group1,,"""Nero Burning Rom"",""""""%16422%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe"""""""

setup.ini, progman.groups,, "group2=""%16407%\Nero 7\"""
setup.ini, group2,,"""Nero Burning Rom"",""""""%16422%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe"""""""

Example of how you launch your shortcut.inf from your RunOnceEx.cmd

REG ADD %KEY%\045 /VE /D "Adding Nero shortcuts" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\045 /V 1 /D "rundll32 setupapi,InstallHinfSection Shortcuts 128 %CDROM%$OEM$\shortcuts.inf" /f

You'd need to adapt the path to your shortcut.inf to suit yourself of coarse.

Yep the shortcuts will still be there after you uninstall nero, but your going to get the same if you use XXMKLINK anyways.

Myself I edited the nero.msi and just added the shortcuts I wanted , at least they uninstall when nero uninstalls.

No biggy , but I perfer it that way for me.

Cheers

Merry Christmas to MSFN.

Here is my Christmas Gift to all Nero Mod Addicts.

[PLS take a moment to read the first post on the first page of this thread to get a better understanding on what to do.]

Download Installshield 11.5 Trial from here (http://tinyurl.com/8u92z)

A step by step video on how to Mod your Nero.msi

1. Deleting unwanted components

2. Deleting Nero Scout - NeroMedia

3. Adding your own Serial

4. Changing Nero Demo to Whatever name you want to appear in Add/Remove Programs.

5. Importing Serial Number for Nero, Plugins and Settings.

I am running at 1280 X 1024, So when you watch the video make sure

that you watch the movie using FULL screen otherwise it might be too

small to see properly.

Filesize 2MB 7zip compress.

Here is the LINK ( http://tinyurl.com/8uj22 )

Merry Christmas to all.

Hey, your downloadlink doesn't work! it says bandwith exceeded..

I would like to use this method instead, it seems better! But without the video...

I did download the 2nd video, adding shortcuts..

could you provide a new link for the 1st video?

does anybody have the video?

Sweet thanks MC for the upload, also how did you get is so small compared to the actual size.

Anyone know where i can get the demo of installsheild its seems a long winded way to download it from the official site. thanks.

Edited by englishmen

Sweet thanks MC for the upload, also how did you get is so small compared to the actual size.

That is actually not that suprising at all. The video was recorded without compression at all. If it would be recorded in say mpeg2, and one would 7zip afterwards, the filesize wouldn't change since it is already compressed. Recording in mpeg4 might even result in a smaller filesize.