Nero 7 Ultra only The Basic's.

keytotime

hi ,

i made the nero express only setup with the help of AdminStudio 7,

But on typing ,

NeroSuite.msi TRANSFORMS=NAMe OF MST.MST /qb /norestart

the installation begins n i get errors like the txt & nls files not found or dont have Access to them(these where the files which was removed to reduce the size by 100 mb.(as mentioned in the tutorial.)) on ignoring all the errors of the txt & nls files the installtion progress fine n its done.

how can i remove those errors

one more thing , how can i run the setup in complete silent mode i tried

NeroSuite.msi TRANSFORMS=NAMe OF MST.MST /qn /norestart

but got an error the setup should begin from SetupX.exe

how to solve the above mentioned problems plz help me guys...

hi ,

i made the nero express only setup with the help of AdminStudio 7,

But on typing ,

NeroSuite.msi TRANSFORMS=NAMe OF MST.MST /qb /norestart

the installation begins n i get errors like the txt & nls files not found or dont have Access to them(these where the files which was removed to reduce the size by 100 mb.(as mentioned in the tutorial.)) on ignoring all the errors of the txt & nls files the installtion progress fine n its done.

how can i remove those errors

one more thing , how can i run the setup in complete silent mode i tried

NeroSuite.msi TRANSFORMS=NAMe OF MST.MST /qn /norestart

but got an error the setup should begin from SetupX.exe

how to solve the above mentioned problems plz help me guys...

From what your explaining it sounds like the msi is not edited correctly, you may have to re do the msi following all the steps. Use the nero file suggested by Tempuser worked for me.

Cheers

MC.

I came across a package with exactly the same vidos and readmes as yours tempuser.

And it didnt had your name on it. :no:

Credits go to the maker ;)

Really? :blink:

tell me where did you see it?

The Title says it all of my 7zip video file.

Nero Video Guide Merry Christmas to MSFN Members.7z

And i showed the video to a select senior members before i posted this here. :)

Edited by tempuser

Yeah, link is dead. Depending on the size, you can host it on my site. http://upload.gooffense.com/

File size limit is 20MB. Bandwidth is only 256MB. Can you upload the MST that you used for 7.014 ( not B ) again? The FileFactory link doesn't seem to work anymore. :-\

edit: NVM. I got the MST. Could you rehost the video, though?

Edited by Dumpy Dooby

hey guys, I have found a weird issue.

After following this guide I get two install source, one is gathered from the TMP folder with tons of cab files. Another is the install point created by the first one using /a switch,some useless feature folders and files of which have been deleted.

I use AdminStudio to create a MST from nero.msi which locate in the second install source, by disabling some features, adding productkey, modifying the name from "nero 7 Demo" to "nero 7 Ultra Edition" etc.

(i use a little different way, disable features by setting the INSTALLLEVEL value larger that the default 100,and change the others by configure "property manager")

and then the issue occurs,when I use this MST file with the nero.msi from the second source using command line msiexec /i nero.msi TRANSFORMS=nero1.mst /norestart STARTPARAM="CallFromExe" DONOTRUNSETUPX="1" /qb, shortcuts dont be created, productkey doesn't be added and the product name still remains "Nero 7 Demo".

But when i use this MST file with the nero.msi from the first source(with cab files, no files deleted), and use the same switch, everything just goes fine, shortcuts created with proper name "Nero 7 Ultra Edition", productkey added properly, no other issue found. The only problem is the install source is too big, and find no way to delete some feature files, cause all the feature files are in cab format.

What I wonder is the MST is created from the second source(the one has problem),when it is used with the first source why everyting works perfectly, can someone explain this?

i deleted it already.

If it's not too much work, could you tell me exactly which folders/files can be deleted if I'm using the MSI that's located in the "option 4" directory in your NERO_MSI.7z file? I'm trying to slim this thing down as much as possible ... I just don't know what is safe to delete. And yes, I read the first post, but he's using a different config from you, right?

Ok.. what am I doing wrong? I thought I followed the directions...

This is what my \$OEM$\$1\Installers\Nero7 directory looks like.

nero.gif

neroinstall.cmd is this:

c:\installers\nero7\NeroSuite.msi TRANSFORMS=Nerocore.mst /qb-! /norestart
regedit /s c:\installers\nero7\nero.reg
If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" md "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra"
If Exist "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe" md "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools"
XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Nero Burning Rom" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Core\nero.exe"
XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools\Nero CDSpeed" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\CDSpeed.exe"
XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools\Nero DriveSpeed" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\DriveSpeed.exe"
XXMKLINK "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Nero 7 Ultra\Tools\Nero InfoTool" "%PROGRAMFILES%\Nero\Nero 7\Nero Toolkit\InfoTool.exe"
regsvr32 /u "%commonprogramfiles%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

The MSI flashes up and goes away. If I manually just run NeroSuite.msi, it tells me that it must be run from Setup.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

What is the "Nero Fast CD-DVD Burning Plug-in" for?

What would I be missing if I remove this?

EDIT: (@Keytotime or anyone who knows)

I am now creating my own MST, for the Dutch (NL) version. I want basic(& tools)+Coverdesigner only.

I could use a little help, in the SETUP DESIGN, I see the first item is NeroSuiteInstallerDD1EB5BC.

Is it correct that I should NOT remove this? I believe it is necassary for the installation but I am not quite sure because the second item is NeroProductSetup!

Please help!

AND another question.

At Setup Design> NeroBurningRom, I believe the following can also be deleted:

SharedMultimediaComponents.

U don't need them if you have your codecs installed correctly! Actually they can even interfere with your own codecpacks..

This applies to the folder DSFilter (wich is located at Program Files\Common Files\.....\DSfilter). I always delete this folder...

it is NOT the Audioplugins! they are in a different folder... thats why it is safe to remove.

But perhaps someone else can confirm SharedMultimediaComponents can be deleted?

EDIT2: @KEYTOTIME

4)Go the direct editor and search and delete all references to NeroMediaLibary.

Where can I find this "direct editor"? Found!

But, there are A LOT of references to NeroMediaLibrary. Or should it only match the whole word only?

And, if I go to Build> Test ....mst,

I get the error: "..should be started with SetupX.exe!

So I am not sure if it will work!

Edited by ZileXa

Merry Christmas to MSFN.

Here is my Christmas Gift to all Nero Mod Addicts.

[PLS take a moment to read the first post on the first page of this thread to get a better understanding on what to do.]

Download Installshield 11.5 Trial from here (http://tinyurl.com/8u92z)

A step by step video on how to Mod your Nero.msi

1. Deleting unwanted components

2. Deleting Nero Scout - NeroMedia

3. Adding your own Serial

4. Changing Nero Demo to Whatever name you want to appear in Add/Remove Programs.

5. Importing Serial Number for Nero, Plugins and Settings.

I am running at 1280 X 1024, So when you watch the video make sure

that you watch the movie using FULL screen otherwise it might be too

small to see properly.

Filesize 2MB 7zip compress.

Here is the LINK ( http://tinyurl.com/8uj22 )

Merry Christmas to all.

Hey, your downloadlink doesn't work! it says bandwith exceeded..

I would like to use this method instead, it seems better! But without the video...

I did download the 2nd video, adding shortcuts..

could you provide a new link for the 1st video?