Nero 7 Ultra only The Basic's.

keytotime

I thought i know how to do it , till i saw your videos

now im completly lost.

The video where you show wich components to remove , .....to fast , even when i pause it once in a while.

Then nero scout , is it just those 2 , cause video stops while cursor still moves.

wich folders do i need to keep etc etc etc

nice video but .......made me more lost then i was

Thank You keytotime and tempuser for your info and tuts , nice work :thumbup

I had ago last night at stripping down nero and all went pretty well for me.

Found you can add the shortcuts back into nero using installshield so there's no need for sfx archive of shortcuts. Just add a new Componant and add the shortcuts into the component and set the path to where to install.

Works fine for me with one exception , my shortcuts only show up in the current logged in user account not in all user profile (still working that one out , not hard once I understand all built in variables of InstallShield :blushing: ). Good part is that all your created shortcuts get removed when you uninstall nero. YaY :rolleyes:

As for those that used the sfx way and wanted the Uninstall shortcut in there startmenu or whereverer , they could do properties on their shortcut and set the target ,as example for the nero I used (Nero-7.0.1.4b_eng_no_yt.exe from nero.com):

Target :

MsiExec.exe /I{C93369CB-B4E9-E095-9289-E6B5AE94FA5F}

Will pop up Setup Manger with the options to remove , repair , re-install etc.

or

Target: :

MsiExec.exe /uninstall {C93369CB-B4E9-E095-9289-E6B5AE94FA5F}

Will pop up "Are you sure you want to remove this program Yes/No"

The product code for the version I used was {C93369CB-B4E9-E095-9289-E6B5AE94FA5F}. Just replace the product code of the version your using.

I found the product code with installshield:

Expand Installation Information , Highlight Genral Information -> Highlight Product Properties, to the right of that you see Product Code.

Cheers all

As a reminder the video is just a visual guide to keytotime's orignal post with some add features like how to remove nero scout and adding your own serial and registry settings. And how to change the title of nero from add/remove.

Delete all reference to NeroMediaLibary****** w/c u should see in the video

Delete NeroFileDialog in components w/c u should also see in the video.

It is the discretion of the user what components he or she wants to delete.

muiz i hv a couple of pictures of msi that i mod a while back. Note those are outdated already.

smashly, I actually was able to make the same conclusion but my issue

is my shortcuts results always as Nero Demo.

Edited by tempuser

Heya tempuser,

I didn't have a prob with the shortcut names , just the path built in variables are limited in the installer itself.

gather I have to add my own variable for the equivilant of "%AllUsersProfile% in the installer itself.

The installer built in variable of [startMenu] seems to only apply to the logged on/current user.

Some of the other built in variables like [WindowsVolume] and [MasterVolume] are either of those the same as "%systemdrive% ? What's the equivelant of "%AllUsersProfile% , etc ? I would like to know the actual meaning of their value without having to guess , there just no [systemDrive] or [AllUsersProfile] there by default . If they are there then I don't know what they are called ftm.

I just didn't like the idea of hard pathing the shortcut directories for example; "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Nero" (which does work btw) , thought it might cause greif somewhere down the line :unsure: .

Will poke around with it tonight some more when I get home from work, then hopefully my questions will be answered.

Edit: Worked out the short cuts the way I wanted , there's 7zip'd 242 KB avi example I did it if any1's intrested.

How to add shortcuts to nero's msi with InstallSheild 11 avi

A rough text example version attached to post if wanted , be warned I'm no tut writer

Hope it helps.

Cheers all

Example_HowTo_Nero_SC_in_ISS.txt

Edited by smashly

A quick note aboout removing Nero Scout the way it's shown in tempuser's guide.

If you use nero express (which is part of the nero core) then you will get a failure when you try to select the add files button in nero Xpress (in any mode MP3 , Data , WMA etc) , you won't be able to back out once the error happens , The only way out is to kill the task in windows task manager.

Solution:

When editing your nero.msi with IS11.5

If you want nero Xpress to work then don't delete whole component ,

just the 2 of the 3 dll files in the component.

Component: NeroFileDialog_NTxxxxxxxX

Files:

MediaLibraryNSE.dll <----Delete from component

NeroFileDialog.dll <----Keep in component if you want to use nero Xpress without error.

NeroSearch.dll <----Delete from component

-----

Just the Nero 7 Demo Core (7.0.14b Demo - English Only) silent switchless no reboot. I made it to my preferences , but give it a go if you like. (Packed with 7-Zip sfx if you want to look at what's deleted/edited or to add your serial , it's only for an example)

No Scout

No Media Home

No Wave Editor

No Trax Editor

No BackIt up

No Recode

No Vision

No Showtime

No Cover Designer

No Image Drive

No InCD

No Fast CD/DVD Plugin

No SmartStart

No Yahoo

No Tools

Adds shortcuts to:

All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Burning\Nero.lnk

Quicklaunch\Nero.link

Left the English Help Files for Nero and Nero Express (Nero Express is part of the Nero Core)

Left the built in Virus Scan.

Left the basic plugins that came with nero 7 demo and are accessed from Nero "Extras->Encode Files":

Lame PowerPack MP3

Nero Pro MP3 Encoder

AAC HD Encoder

Ogg

etc

The VCD engine is still intact as well so you can still use nero to make VCD/SVCD

FileSize: 29.7 MB (says 31.16MB on the host sight..hmmm, says 29.7 MB (31,157,955 bytes) when I do a properties on my PC)

FileName: n7core.exe

MD5: 688DD4CB071A6CE1262F70DC0535C9E0

Download: Here

Edited by smashly

Hi all.

I have used keytotime manual for installing Nero 7.0.1.2.

It works good, thanks.

But now i want to install Nero 7.0.1.4 this way.

Who knows list of files and directories in folder created after admin install, which i can safely delete, if i want only NeroBurningRom?

help me plz ;)

Edited by DmitryOlenin

has anyone had problems burning with 3 DVD Writers at the same time?

I am keep getting errors.

Hey Tempa

Sorry dude I only have two in this box & their workin great? :P

Also got my version of Nero all shrunk down using the guides to about 30 meg & all good.

Cheers

MC.

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE