Nero 7 Ultra only The Basic's.

keytotime

Hi guys!

Ok I read the most of your tips, guides etc regarding nero 7. But I'm lost.

The thing is that I'm used to work with Orca. It's a msi editor for those who don't know.

I opened the nero.msi file for the 7.0.14 version, but there's a lot of info and I'm lost. What should I look for, so at installation I don't get that "tick" screen and it installs only Nero, Nero StartSmart?

I'm attaching a pic so you could see for yourselves what I have here.

How can I find what CAB's are for what application?

Thank you!

post-82557-1134680523_thumb.jpg

You're very sure when you say this.

I know it can be done, no way it can't be done. Why wouldn't be possible, because there is already some guide posted using other tools?

Peace!

You better check your facts. There is no guide on how to hack the Nero 7.0.14 using orca any other software aside from installshield. I know bec. I already tried. That is why ;)

Edited by tempuser

I'm sorry for being so blunt, but whenever somebody says, "can't", "impossible" "no way" I tend to argue that.:)

Anyway, the guide that's posted on this forum is for Installshield method, or are there other places I should look? Do you know any links that deal with this?

Peace! No offense :thumbup

atolica: what do you want to do with nero.msi? with ORCA you can cut off nero scout (it doesnt appear on "My Computer"), nero media library and so on. look at the table "Feature" or use find (f3)

tempuser: no guide doesn't mean you can't edit it with ORCA

atolica: what do you want to do with nero.msi? with ORCA you can cut off nero scout (it doesnt appear on "My Computer"), nero media library and so on. look at the table "Feature" or use find (f3)

tempuser: no guide doesn't mean you can't edit it with ORCA

:D It seems that you responded to your own question. That's exactly what I want to do. I want to get rid off of the unwanted stuff. But I don't know the CAB files the removed "stuf" are linked to. Which for which?

So let's say I delete all refferences to NeroMediLibrary from the msi table. oK. But next, what is/are the cabs that go with it??? I just want to strip EVERYTHING.

Thanks and waiting for your input.

Edited by atolica

first make admin install. then edit nero.msi with orca, search and remove words "scout" "NeroMediaLibary97E5875A" everywhere. than make .MST file with Office Resourse Kit or any program that supports making .MST then you can remove folders that you don't need/

don't forget to read carefully first page of this topic. everithing is listed there

I wish you luck trying to use orca to edit the nero.msi. Pls give us feedback how long it takes you to edit the nero.msi.

For me Keytotime's method is perfect and easy to follow. And I love Installshield 11, easy and powerful to use.

Edited by tempuser

tempuser: why it should take long time? for me, to cut nero scout it took less than one minute to open, search and delete unwanted values.

wow cool 1min. :lol:

is your msi working? have you tested it yet?

aside from the nero scout what else did you modify? can you show us?

i am very eager to see your msi work. will you be sharing it with us?

i tried orca before and i was not able to make my msi to work. so maybe you can show us how to do it using orca. Since orca is free

and installshield is not. :)

Edited by tempuser