Nero 7 Ultra only The Basic's.

keytotime

keytotime i tried ure instructions and these are the probs i have....

01. Which version should i download ...there are 2 if u look carefully....the update version and the trial version....i don't understand the difference. the file size is the same....????

02. when executing in the admin install command in the command prompt window it goes abt copying the files to the said directiory but then it informs that some of the cab files are missing and therefore cannot continue....i downloaded the update version agn from nero...same thing....i also happened to have the 2 cd version of nero 7 premium and conmfirmed...the stuff thats available on the net have some of the cab files missing....coz its there on the cd...???? interesting huh.

01. Which version should i download ...there are 2 if u look carefully....the update version and the trial version....i don't understand the difference. the file size is the same....????

The Trial and Upgrade versions are exactly the same. The only difference is if you choose to include the Yahoo Toolbar (adds about 4mb to the file size).

I have tested both files - they are exactly the same.

02. when executing in the admin install command in the command prompt window it goes abt copying the files to the said directiory but then it informs that some of the cab files are missing and therefore cannot continue....i downloaded the update version agn from nero...same thing....i also happened to have the 2 cd version of nero 7 premium and conmfirmed...the stuff thats available on the net have some of the cab files missing....coz its there on the cd...???? interesting huh.

Same here, I get error 1311 that b6f3f7b6.cab is missing.... Can not proceed from there.

What are we doing wrong?

@ gelome and @ DigitalDecay:

I had the same problem with the missing .cab files. And this is how I solved it: I think you unpacked the downloaded installer and then tried to do an admin install, right? Now, after extracting, run the SetupX.exe 1 or 2 times and click on "Cancel", when the first step of installer is ready to go. Then you should see a new folder "Tmp" in your cab folder. There are also some new .cab files in the cab directory. Now try running an admin install again. Did this solve your problem?

@boogy: you can set your serial into PROPERTY sections in the default mst (for me 1036.mst because french package ...) (with adminstudio) and you replace the demo key by your serial ...

@all:

Why nero has cabbed all files ?? why has changed their distribution ? before, with nero6, all was okay ...

Where abouts in property do you put the serial ? there are a couple of values where it could go and i am a little bit unsure.

@ gelome and @ DigitalDecay:

I had the same problem with the missing .cab files. And this is how I solved it: I think you unpacked the downloaded installer and then tried to do an admin install, right? Now, after extracting, run the SetupX.exe 1 or 2 times and click on "Cancel", when the first step of installer is ready to go. Then you should see a new folder "Tmp" in your cab folder. There are also some new .cab files in the cab directory. Now try running an admin install again. Did this solve your problem?

Ok, cheers mate. That actually worked (althhough you have to make sure that the installer does not delete thar tmp data folder when you click cancel.) Perhaps TS should include this in his guide?

Hey guys, I have a weird problem: After I create an admin install (msiexec /a nero.msi), when I click/run/whatever I try to execute nero.msi in the administrative install, I get the error "Sorry, but the installer has to be started with Setupx.exe file.". I know this is normal for the regular isntall, but not for the administrative install point one. And I have done a slimmed down Nero package before and it worked just fine using the same method. Any suggestion is appreciated. :wacko:

hey guys after posting the 2 probs that i have been facing...i seemed to have solved the prob abt the missing cabs...i downloaded the installer from nero.com and ran the install again...this time however i also kept a watch on the temp folder....and copied the extracted files (from the temp folder) over to another directory...then i tried the admin install command and it never gave me the missing cab prob agn...funnyy huh!!1 secondly what i noticed was the missing cab problem is related to the kind of extracting software ure using...in this case it was 7zip instead of winrar....when i extract with 7zip i get a size of 299mb and with winrar its 300 somethuing...so i guess since the installer thats posted on nero.com is a winrar sfx file ...its beter to extract the setup file using only winrar.... try it out.

secondly can anyine tell me how to go abt reducing the size as i dont want nero cover, incd, nero home and nero home media....just nero, nero vision, wave editor, sound trx, showtime, recode, backitup and the toolkit.

Salut a tout le monde je suis francais et je voudrais demander a sonic si il pouvais mettre en telechargement son .mst et .msi modifier avec admin studio sa serai tres gentil car je n'arrive pas a le telecharger

Post one updated again.

@keytotime:

thank you.

it's now working for me.

i use your nerocover.mst file.

i don't know if nero scout is present or not for the moment, and no shortcuts have been created (known problem).

thx

EDIT:

Nero 7 compressed with WinRAR 3.51 + shortcuts (31Mb) .... software installed and working properly :) :)

but i tried to uninstall Nero7 to see if all was good, and it told me that it cannot charge a dll i think, related to NeResize.ax (i had to click OK, and it continued just fine). any idea ?

Edited by r0sWell