Linux Distribution Chooser

harunaksoy

Hmmm....

You seem to have a mis-conception, that in VMware, somehow you dont INSTALL the OS.

In fact, MOST people think along those lines.

Whereas the truth is that VMware is nothing mysterious. Whatever OS you run in it, is run, installed, played, operated, (and CRASHED, if you like :P), in EXACTLY the same way as if on a real machine. It just gives you a (safe) virtual machine, thats all!

Only after really trying it, do you understand what its all about.

VMware has saved me countless hours of valuable time, since the last few years. Not to mention, the convenience & testing on a machine of exactly as much RAM/harddisk as you like, with either IDE or SCSI at your disposal. :)

And NOOOO, dont even talk of MS' VirtualPC2004 in the same breath as VMware. Nor even BOCHS & and all that crap.... VMware was the path-breaker, and it still is orders of magnitude better than the other emulating/virtualising apps.

Hmmm....

You seem to have a mis-conception, that in VMware, somehow you dont INSTALL the OS.

In fact, MOST people think along those lines.

Whereas the truth is that VMware is nothing mysterious. Whatever OS you run in it, is run, installed, played, operated, (and CRASHED, if you like :P), in EXACTLY the same way as if on a real machine. It just gives you a (safe) virtual machine, thats all!

Only after really trying it, do you understand what its all about.

VMware has saved me countless hours of valuable time, since the last few years. Not to mention, the convenience & testing on a machine of exactly as much RAM/harddisk as you like, with either IDE or SCSI at your disposal. :)

And NOOOO, dont even talk of MS' VirtualPC2004 in the same breath as VMware. Nor even BOCHS & and all that crap.... VMware was the path-breaker, and it still is orders of magnitude better than the other emulating/virtualising apps.

lol, I hope that mis-conception wasn't aimed at me :lol: I know and use VmWare at work. But what I am trying to say is that with installing in VmWare it has its own drivers and are mostly compatible, whereas on an actual machine, you sometimes don't get 100% compatibility, but yeah...

• 2 months later...

Oh y all Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeviated faaaaaaaaaaaar frm the topic

2 remaind u all tha topic is abt Choosing the Disto not working with VmWare

One thing I agree u all is that VMWare is the currently available best VM emulator but as said trial with vm != work with RM

Coming 2 the topic

the BEST usefrendly,app rich Disto u can get is SuSE and is up2date