Need WindowsPE guidance....

BrandonS_Mil

I got a copy of WinPE 2005, and i am running into many problems.

WinPE boots fine as its own ISO.... Gets to the inistal cmd scripts...

thats it....

I thought WinPE was like BartsPE, get to an enviroment, make some modifications...

I can't do anything, i need guidance.

Please help.

Actualy it's behaing exactly as it should.

MS Pe doesn't contain any Explorer replacement. IT is intended for runing automated installations only. It can be made to look and behave like BartPE but it isn't standard

OK I guess I need to clarify why I started this post.

Windows PE only gives me a command prompt.

Barts is too complicated to configure for what I want. I want a "Windows" shell so I can copy files graphically. Barts will not let me see my AIO-DVD... only the bartspe side.

This is why I want help on Windows PE... if you are going to post an answer.... I suggest you read the CREATOR'S statements.

I hate to say this but read the manual, it is included with the OPK. Or use the search function on this forum, change the search setting to show threads older thatn 30 days, and type in "Winpeshl.ini" without quotes and read through the threads, do not rely on others to spoon feed you this information whilst it is readily available online.

Also, adding Explorer is not supported, if you want to add an explorer type interface, use the A43 file manager from Bart's, or use the 7zip file manager included with 7zip.