Case fan positioning...

ceez

zup peeps,

I have a case fan that I am going to place on the back of my case near the cpu. Should this fan blow the air in or out of the case? I would assume "in" since there are no other places to place a fan for air circulation(like on the lower front of the case).

thkz

ceez

:thumbup

The preferred fan placements for optimal cooling would be to have fans to draw cool air in from the front and side, and have one in the back to expell all the circulated warm air out. If you only have one spot to put the fan at the rear of the case, you would want to use it as an exhaust fan, to displace all the hot air generated from the CPU heatsink out of the case.

The preferred fan placements for optimal cooling would be to have fans to draw cool air in from the front and side, and have one in the back to expell all the circulated warm air out. If you only have one spot to put the fan at the rear of the case, you would want to use it as an exhaust fan, to displace all the hot air generated from the CPU heatsink out of the case.

not true. if you have 2 fans at say 40cfm, and 1 at 40 cfm expelling air at the rear; you will end up with hot spots or dead areas. your best bet is to have negative pressure aka more exhaust than intakes.

Hi

I have the following setup in my Case:

1 Fan at the top, out

2 Fans at the rear out

2 Fans in front of HDs in

1 Fan at the left side under GPU in

1 PSU out

I can regulate the front, top and rear fans, manually, the PSU is load sensitive and the side one is so quiet, it works all the time.

What should I set? every fan at full speed, only out or in at medium and out at full, etc.?