dotnetfx 2.0

n00b

So it would probably be wise for me to integrate both .NET 1/1.1 and 2.0 onto my DVD as I use it to install Windows on a variety of Customer units.....?

If you install 1.1 first and then 2.0, you can't really hurt anything.

Yeah... Also, as a side note, the switchless installer can't be done using the same method I use for the .Net 1, which is putting it into the svcpack.inf file.....

Still not 100% sure on the 64-bit one, I went to try but it didn't install the OS right.... Go figure...

As long as you delete the registry entry for error reporting (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\PC Health) from the .msi file, the resultant switchless installer will install from svcpack.inf just fine. This is the same action I had to take in order to get Office 2003, and the latest refresh of Windows Messenger to install.

I took the package offered by Petya V4sechkin (excellent work by the way), decompressed it, made my mods to .msi file, recompressed, etc. As a side note, I've switched from using StartX.exe to using RunHiddenConsole.exe in my switchless installers and it works great, less filling. Much less in fact.

dotNET20.exe

As long as you delete the registry entry for error reporting (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\PC Health) from the .msi file, the resultant switchless installer will install from svcpack.inf just fine.

Thanks!!!

Ýòî òî, ÷åãî ìíå íå õâàòàëî. Êàê ãîâîðèòñÿ - âåê æèâè, âåê ó÷èñü :)

Edited by Petya V4sechkin

sorry for my poor english

i try to compress with 7zip, but i have this error

to intall this product please run Install.exe

what is the command line to start netfx.msi ?

My script

%~d0

CD "%~p0"

MD tmp

MD netfxsp2

START /wait dotnetfx.exe /C /T:"%~dp0tmp"

CD tmp

START /wait msiexec /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR="%~dp0netfxsp2" /QB

CD..

upx.exe 7zSC.sfx

ECHO ;!@Install@!UTF-8!>config.txt

ECHO RunProgram="StartX.exe /WAIT /B \"msiexec.exe /i netfx.msi /qb\"">>config.txt

ECHO ;!@InstallEnd@!>>config.txt

COPY /b 7zSC.sfx + config.txt + netfxsp2.7z netfxsp2.exe

DEL 7zSC.sfx

DEL config.txt

DEL netfxsp2.7z

Edited by zorro1

As long as you delete the registry entry for error reporting (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\PC Health) from the .msi file, the resultant switchless installer will install from svcpack.inf just fine. This is the same action I had to take in order to get Office 2003, and the latest refresh of Windows Messenger to install.

I took the package offered by Petya V4sechkin (excellent work by the way), decompressed it, made my mods to .msi file, recompressed, etc. As a side note, I've switched from using StartX.exe to using RunHiddenConsole.exe in my switchless installers and it works great, less filling. Much less in fact.

dotNET20.exe

When I try to use this, I get "To install this product please use Install.exe" in the event viewer.

But with Petya's version I get "Could not write to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\PC Health bla bla bla"

So something must be different.

In either case the framework does not get installed.

Any fix to this ?

I actually had this work for me on a live PC. Guess I need to do a little testing here and figure out what's what.

EDIT: yep, it's pooched. What has me scratching my head is this - under what circumstances did this install properly for me? I wouldn't have posted it if it didn't work for me. I'll d/l the file again and see where I went wrong. Hopefully I'll have a replacement up before too long.

Edited by RogueSpear

Well after spending entirely too long on this thing, here is where I'm at: Installing from svcpack is giving me this error in the event log

Product: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 -- Error 25007.Error occurred while initializing fusion. Setup could not load fusion with LoadLibraryShim(). Error: The handle is invalid.

I've managed to work through some other errors, but this one has me stumped. For the time being, installing from RunOnceEx or GUIRunOnce is the best bet using Petya's original installer. If I manage to figure this thing out, I'll update.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the Visual J# redist is included with .NET 2.0?

Edited by RogueSpear

I had given that some thought yes. I ended up modifying the .msi file, removing the custom action that prevents directly installing .msi file. But now I'm wondering if perhaps the install.exe could be used in conjunction with an AIP. By making the installer out of an AIP, you end up saving over 7MB of space. Personally I'd rather save the space and install it from RunOnceEx, than use the larger file from svcpack.

But I'll try making a new installer tonight that uses Install.exe and see what happens from svcpack. For now I need to catch up on everything else I've let go while messing around with this thing.

Hello, is there a french version of this DotNet 2.0 switchless pack ?

Edit :

Ok I found the answer : Microsoft has only released english version yet. SO I have to wait...

But do you know if it is possible to have this switchless pack once Microsoft releases the french version ?

Edited by lolocite

From what I could see inside of the .msi file, there were maybe 6 to 8 languages supported. If memory serves me correct English, Spanish, French, German, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese. I don't remember if Dutch, Portugese, Arabic, Hebrew, etc. were in there.