USP5RC1 and AutoPatcher 2000

azagahl

I installed a fresh Win2KProSP4 followed by USP5SR1.

Then I tried AutoPatcher 2000 October. AP2000 offered a lot of "patches" - .NET Framework, DX9, WMP9, etc.. as well as a lot of hotfixes. AP2000 sees some hotfixes as installed already, and a lot as non-installed. Some hotfixes pertain to DX9, WMP9, etc.. but a lot of the non-installed hotfixes were labeled "Win 2000 security update". Why is this? I'm assuming it's one of these reasons:

1. USP5SR1 doesn't contain all the latest win 2000 hotfixes?

2. USP5SR1 contains those updates, but they are misidentified so AP2000 wants to reinstall them?

3. Those hotfixes were mislabeled in AP2000, and really pertain to DX9 / something else?

Anyone know?

Also, AP2000 wants to install Rollup1 V2. I assume all of that is already installed by USP5SR1 except for the undesired beta kernel mode driver thingy that Gurgelmeyer warned us about.

Edited by azagahl

Hi :)

USP 5.0 SR1 contains all security updates, including the IE501/OE55/DX7 updates. WUv6 checks if an update is applicable by actually comparing file version numbers on your system files against those in the update. WUv4 wasn't nearly as sophisticated - it only checked the registry. I think that's what AP does too, but the AP guys really ought to do it the way WUv6 does. I'd be happy to help them :)

DX9, IE6, etc are not yet in my USP's - so you might want AP to install those.

/G B)