Little problem

Hi,

Does anyone know how you get a map of files on youre harddisk without the $OEM method?

I dont use the $OEM method because it doesnt fit with drivers for s-ata disk when you have to press F6 in the beginning

please help :)

You'd have to create a script and run it in GUIRunOnce, otherwise there really is no other way (short of using WinPE to start the installation).

Also, what do you mean by "I dont use the $OEM method because it doesnt fit with drivers for s-ata disk when you have to press F6 in the beginning" - do you mean that you can't physically fit the drivers on the CD due to disc size, or you can't get the drivers to install using the TEXTMODE option?

Edited by cluberti

You'd have to create a script and run it in GUIRunOnce, otherwise there really is no other way (short of using WinPE to start the installation).

Also, what do you mean by "I dont use the $OEM method because it doesnt fit with drivers for s-ata disk when you have to press F6 in the beginning" - do you mean that you can't physically fit the drivers on the CD due to disc size, or you can't get the drivers to install using the TEXTMODE option?

I dont use this mothod because I make a cd for a compagnie, because I work there. We have everytime other motherboards that's the reason i dont use the $OEM method.

What do you mean with : (short of using WinPE to start the installation).

HFSLIP has some OEM folders functionality (and a lot more ;)

There is a HFEXPERT folder (created manually) in which you may place some files that will be copied in apropriate locations. Folders for your unattended needs that are available now: Drivers, System, System32. It means that if you need a file in your System32 on the system you just place it in HFEXPERT\System32 folder before running CMD script.

You may not use OEM folder, you may not use WINNT.SIF in HFSLIP.

There are a few more specific folders that are not connected with OEM folders structure but may be very handy too :yes:

Edited by Oleg_II

You can make a self extracting myfile.exe containing your files

and place it in the I386\svcpack folder.

Within the file svcpack.in_ (svcpack.inf) place your file under the section

[setupHotfixesToRun]

myfile.exe

It will be run/extracted @ T-13min left

I dont use $OEM$ either. All my post installations begin thru svcpack.

shark

HFSLIP has some OEM folders functionality (and a lot more ;)

There is a HFEXPERT folder (created manually) in which you may place some files that will be copied in apropriate locations. Folders for your unattended needs that are available now: Drivers, System, System32. It means that if you need a file in your System32 on the system you just place it in HFEXPERT\System32 folder before running CMD script.

You may not use OEM folder, you may not use WINNT.SIF in HFSLIP.

There are a few more specific folders that are not connected with OEM folders structure but may be very handy too :yes:

I dont understanding :wacko:

Can you be clear ??

HOW do I get a map to the systemroot before GuirunOnce begins ?

Sorry, I can't be more specific then that:

Using HFSLIP and its HFEXPERT folders you can place any file in your

- %WinDir%

- %WinDir%\System

- %WinDir%\System32

- %WinDir%\System32\Drivers

during installation without using OEM folders structure and without using WINNT.SIF (or you can use it - up to you, all variants are possible).

Only this locations are available right now with HFSLIP.

This is a very simple map but at least you have this map for 4 folders without OEM as you requested :whistle: Or , as cluberti said " there is no other way" for you :no:

And you didn't mentioned GuirunOnce at the first posting ;)

But is is completely possible with HFSLIP too :thumbup

Edited by Oleg_II

You can use Cmdlines.txt. Windows setup will search for Cmdlines.txt existance whether you are using Winnt.sif or not. You can then XCopy your files over to the HDD or just install from CD. Several lines could replace the Winnt.sif method of OEMPreInstall.

Or you can add the lines for all of the files you want to copy into txtsetup.sif etc.

They'll allow you to add whatever files you want, copy them wherever, and textmode will copy it all for you in the main file copying stage.

The only problem is that you need to specify each file manually.

You can use Cmdlines.txt. Windows setup will search for Cmdlines.txt existance whether you are using Winnt.sif or not. You can then XCopy your files over to the HDD or just install from CD. Several lines could replace the Winnt.sif method of OEMPreInstall.

Where do you have to set Cmdlines.txt ??

I dont hope you have to use the OEM maps because I dont use them...

I dont use them because its not fits with s-ata disks

You would need to set OEMPreInstall to No. Others have claimed that using the [unattended] section in Winnt.sif removes the F6 option. I have seen no documentation to pinpoint the trigger.

Yes I already know that....

BUT... IS there not a other way to get your files copied on the harddisk without that OEM method ??

With GuiRunOnce you cannot run the files from a cd because the setup dont knows the varibale %CDROM% or %%CROM%%

please help