to all the moderators

Ven

Right here. :P

On days when I am online, I look at every single post that gets posted. In all forums.

And regarding the old posts, yes, I look into those sometimes. Like, a year ago, I could claim to have seen almost every post since 2002. :P

But nowadays I just see whatever is from timeframe = today. :)

Perhaps members could help. Like if a bad topic or reply add something like [msfn] as a reply. Then the mod. can simply search for [msfn] and will find all the topics and replies that someone thinks is evil. ;)

offcourse they do!! they have nothing better to do the whole day.... :D

(no i dont think that... they are as if police, they look around and what they dont like to see, they will handle. otherwise what they dont see, there will be no handle)

Edited by SolidasRock

Perhaps members could help. Like if a bad topic or reply add something like [msfn] as a reply. Then the mod. can simply search for [msfn] and will find all the topics and replies that someone thinks is evil. ;)
Hmmm.... For bad topics/replies there already is a "report" button at the bottom left of each post, placed exactly for the sake of members who'd like to help the mods weed out the bad posts. :)

It honestly depends on the topic....

I used to reach each post created in the Unattended and Member Projects forums. But then I saw the same thing asked over and over and I knew if I read one more I'd be irritated by that user and be mean to them.

Now I look for ones that could potentially be bad, ones that I'm interested in, and ones that appear to be needing an answer that no one really knows besides the veterans.

OT:When someone clicks on the Report button, is a dialogue box brought up, a list of mods to select from or....? Or should I just click one and give it a test run? :D

DL

A dialogue box is loaded so that you can state the problem. ;)

A new form will appear on the screen, stating the topic title, and a box to put in the report. After you hit submit, an e-mail is sent to all the mods, and the first one that checks their mail will probably act upon it. That being said, it's REALLY annoying when people use taht button to reply to a post, or to call attention from the mods just to get some help (the report literally states "please help")