DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

compass

Typically due to a bad driver, or faulty or incompatible hardware or software. It can also be caused by faulty or mismatched RAM, or a damaged pagefile. If it is a driver problem remove all hardware not necessary for booting, and then gradually add one by one until you have found the culprit.

TROUBLESHOOTING WINDOWS STOP MESSAGES

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Edited by Fox Mulder

Try updating your drivers...

If it is a laptop, try the wireless driver first, as I know from firsthand experience it solved the problem on two of my machines.

If new wireless drivers doesnt solve the problem, just try updating them one by one till you find out which one is the culprit

WoRdUp48

If you post the call stack data (the rest of the goo in the error message, including numbers, names of drivers/sys files, etc., I can help you further). However, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is 99% of the time a driver that requested an IRQ level that was very high, or using an improper virtual address space address. Either the virtual address was in the pageable portion of the virtual address space, or the address didn't exist at all.

What .sys file is listed in the call stack (it's usually on the top line of the numbers, at the far right)? That'd be the last driver loaded in the call stack, and your likely culprit... :).

I remember this blue screen TOO well. Reinstalling windows will not help. The problem turned out to be a bad memory stick. Then again, that was XP, so it might be different. The computer also gave pointless errors.

the_guy