How do I install my "sp3" updates

I have an unattended inst. CD.

I have slipstreamed sp 2 into it.

My updates after sp2 i have in a folder in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\update

C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\update.cmd runs all updates in C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\update

In my C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\applications\application.cmd i have a command at the end that runs C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\update.cmd

Can I do that or has the pc to reboot before i run update.cmd file???

Edited by koden

All Windows XP updates post SP2 have the /integrate switch option. Why even bother manually installing them when you can add them to your installation source? For each update (including the SP3 updates), just download (which you've already done) and run the .exe with the /integrate switch, pointing it to your Windows XP installation source. For anything that won't integrate properly (and there is at least one that I know of), you could use nlite to integrate it.

If you do it this way, all of the integrated files get checked and updated as necessary at the T-13 stage, which would be before your applications get installed via SetupParams or GUIRunOnce.

Sonic, if you've got a domain (or a workgroup with machines to which you can add registry entries) you could always install WSUS to handle Microsoft security updates. But yes, if you're updating an already installed system and you don't have WSUS, you'll have to do it with a batch or some other method. It might not be a bad idea to copy the updates down to the systems and use RunOnce to install the updates on a working system - it's a prettier way than a batch file :). If you are able, a WSUS server is the easiest way to get updates to your machines.

Maybe slipstream hotfixes with HFSLIP? It will extract from hotfixes and slipstream all needed files directly to the source before installation (it also reduces the size for unattended CD). It has some limitations (designed mostly for installing from CD) but some gents tried it with networking installations too.

Edited by Oleg_II