This is driving me NUTS!

aldeswari

Ok, everytime I use nLite on a copy of XP Pro slipstreamed with SP2 I mess things up so that when I install the latest ATI drivers, they don't load because "...the driver was written for a previous version of Windows." I know I'm something wrong in nLite because the drivers work for the original copy of XP Pro. I've made at least five discs, all wasted, trying to figure it out. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

*Searched the forum and couldn't find anything like it, I swear!

These drivers may work omega drivers they aren't digitally signed,. nor supported by ATI but for me they work alot better then ATI's drivers, and they just may fix your problem with "the driver was written for a previous version of Windows"

~D~

How about not slipstreaming with SP2. How about updating it after the copy has been installed? Or how about making sure you dont remove all the older graphics drivers during the nLite process? Would that help?

Not to state the obvious, but have you redownloaded your ATI drivers, and made sure you have the right ones?

I had been using Nlite for Win2K and I just slipstreamed the drivers ;) I don't recall offhand if it slipped the ControlPanel too or if I just installed that afterwards. But certainly can slip the GPU drivers themself...

How about not slipstreaming with SP2. How about updating it after the copy has been installed? Or how about making sure you dont remove all the older graphics drivers during the nLite process? Would that help?

1. Works when SP2 is slipstreamed.

2. Yes, I update after I install.

3. I'm downloading the latest ATI drivers from the site each time after a new install. The drivers on my copy of XP work, yet the new ones don't, that's my problem.

4. Nope. :)

To Crash&Burn: Yeah, I download them everytime from their site.

Also to clarify, my copy of XP Pro slipstreamed with SP2 is compatible with the new drivers. It's when I trim the OS with nLite that they become uncompatible with each other. Guess I'll just use VMWare or create a new partition to go through each thing and see what's causing the problem.

VMware/VPC won't be suitable for testing drivers.

VMWare uses VMWare SVGAII display adaptor.

Yes, I just figured this out on my own. :( Thanks for saving me the trouble of trying out VMWare too though. :yes:

Anyone have any ideas or am I back to burning millions of CDs?