Yet Another Sig

Tinker

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Quote from Jay_Stealth --

its not much easier than photoshop ive used both. the only reason why you might find it better is because you dont know how to create your own styles and effects so just use the pre built filters in psp7. photoshop is so quick for doing stuff once you know your way around it especially with keyboard shorcuts

-----------

With all do respect Jay, what the hell is you problem? You never seem to have a kind word to say when it comes to graphics done by others. We may not be as good as you at putting together graphic work but then again why do you seem to always have to make negative comments instead of offering some assistance or a helpful hint or two. I would have to say that you are around 12 to 15 years old, or at least that is what you portray. Get a life............

With all do respect Jay, what the hell is you problem?  You never seem to have a kind word to say when it comes to graphics done by others. We may not be as good as you at putting together graphic work but then again why do you seem to always have to make negative comments instead of offering some assistance or a helpful hint or two. I would have to say that you are around 12 to 15 years old, or at least that is what you portray. Get a life............

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I like your sig there Doggie. It has some depth to it with the shadowing...

:D

thanx tink :) i going to try harder next to make a really cool one :D and in regards to ur comments to jay.. i agree he is a bit harsh.. i don't have good skills with neither.. but never the less.. encourage ppl and u'll be surprised with the results :rolleyes:

lol.

im just saying that you need to give photoshop another chance i know so many people that give up on it cos its hard but it really isnt that ard just need tp spend time in it and i try to be constructive. I installed 3dsmax5 today and wow its solid but im keeping going, rendering a z3 coupe at the moment but its taking about 10x longer than it should cos im learning like hell. what im trying to get you to do is stop using psp7 and its tacky filters and create your own its the best way to go. phong.com is an excellent place to start.

3dsmax-screenie.gif

Quote by me:

I am using PSP 7 and working with PSP 8 beta. Much easier to use than Photoshop and less than $100........ (Photoshop is a rich mans progy).........

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jay look at the second part of my statement.

** PSP7 ** is under $100...

** PhotoShop7 ** is over $500.....

Price is something that has to be looked at by most of us. For the money PSP7 becomes the choice with this in mind. With this of course we must yield to features that are yet to be refined. As well Jasc is coming out with PSP8 soon and IMHO is going to open up more for the home user in the graphics area.

There is also the mater of the ability to see the graphic in ones mind before one can put it on the screen. This is practice, practice, practice for the larger percentage of users. When we put a simple sig up for all to see it is not to seek praise (which is always welcome) but rather input as to what we can do to change our view of how to construct a sig. Thoughts on how we can do this are most welcome and we do appreciate the effort that is taken by others to share there ability to do this. Telling someone that they have to use software that is out of reach because of cost just to do simple graphics is just insensitive to others IMHO......

:)

You might want to look at this as well....... ** PSP sites.... **

im not arguing which is better because they both have their own advantages although photoshop does come with imageready which is very cool. just as a pointer tink all your doing wrong is trying to go too complex. keep it simple and use nice colours. also i dont imagine an image i let it work on the page. i made something for you took 2mins feel free to use it.

how i made it:

simple layer with a fill applied then a 1pixel selection around the outside and filled with white. then another layer which is the shape at the top of the image whith a white outline. the rest is just text layers simple but looks good.

tinker.jpg

heres the two fonts i used. the tinker till u fix it font (silkscreen is to be used at 8pt with no anti alias.

zerotwos

silkscreen

Thanks for the fonts Jay. You are correct it is a matter of taste on the look of the sig.

Question: how did you do the 1 pixel selection?

That does give it a nice boarder. I might have went as far as using a shadow under the second layer (boarder at top) to give it some depth.

in photoshop theres two ways to do it. you can either select the layer (by pressing ctrl + clicking the layer) then doing >select>modify>contract then enter 1 pixel. then do >select>inverse (ctrl + i) then fill it (alt+ backspace).

or

select the layer (ctrl + click the layer) and >select>modify>border enter your pixel size then simply fill the selection it gives you (alt + backspace) although this way you have to fill it a few times as it feathers the fill.

or i suppose you could draw a rectangle with a 1pixel stroke.