Did anyone miss the cursors?

alsiladka

Another good set is the OSX4XP

New Alphablended Os X Cursor Set In Xp Format!, No Need to use Cursor XP for this set.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=53960

osx4xp0lw.jpg

download link is broken need to go to last page of thread to get new mirror.

direct download:

http://w00t.co.uk/files/OSX4XP.zip

here is the contents of Install.inf for OSX4XP:

; OSX4XP
; Win 9x/NT Cursor Scheme installation file.

[Version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles = Scheme.Cur, Scheme.Txt
AddReg = Scheme.Reg

[DestinationDirs]
Scheme.Cur = 10,"%CUR_DIR%"
Scheme.Txt = 10,"%CUR_DIR%"

[Scheme.Reg]
HKCU,"Control Panel\Cursors\Schemes","%SCHEME_NAME%",,"%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%pointer%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%help%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%work%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%busy%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%cross%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%Text%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%Hand%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%unavailiable%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%Vert%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%Horz%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%Dgn1%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%Dgn2%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%move%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%alternate%,%10%\%CUR_DIR%\%link%"

; -- Common Information

[Scheme.Cur]
Normal Select.cur
Help Select.cur
Working In Background.ani
Busy.ani
Text Select.cur
Unavailable.cur
Vertical Resize.cur
Horizontal Resize.cur
Diagonal Resize 1.cur
Diagonal Resize 2.cur
Move.cur
Link Select.cur
Precision Select.cur
Handwriting.cur
Alternate Select.cur

[Scheme.Txt]
Readme.txt

[Strings]
CUR_DIR = "Cursors\OSX4XP"
SCHEME_NAME = "OSX4XP"
pointer = "Normal Select.cur"
help = "Help Select.cur"
work = "Working In Background.ani"
busy = "Busy.ani"
text = "Text Select.cur"
unavailiable = "Unavailable.cur"
vert = "Vertical Resize.cur"
horz = "Horizontal Resize.cur"
dgn1 = "Diagonal Resize 1.cur"
dgn2 = "Diagonal Resize 2.cur"
move = "Move.cur"
link = "Link Select.cur"
cross = "Precision Select.cur"
hand = "Handwriting.cur"
alternate = "Alternate Select.cur"

Edited by DigeratiPrime

what i was speaking was... xpize is not created to create new out of the way looks.. it is created to upgrade the microsoft windows..... so we have to stick to the regular cursors..... we cant go out of the way to black contrast cursors... so guyz think of something in this direction... common

well said alsiladka, for starters some of the cursors people are using require installing cursorxp (freeware) to work.

the two cursor styles i posted dont need a special program to work. You just right click on the inf and select install, which copies them to the windows cursor folder and lets you select them from the control panel.

While we're on topic, how does one change the default cursors in xp unattended?

well said alsiladka, for starters some of the cursors people are using require installing cursorxp (freeware) to work.

the two cursor styles i posted dont need a special program to work. You just right click on the inf and select install, which copies them to the windows cursor folder and lets you select them from the control panel.

While we're on topic, how does one change the default cursors in xp unattended?

thats exactly what i wanted to say..... xpize is there so that u dont have to go for some 3rd party sets.... by the way..... ur osx theme link doesnt wokr....... i tried another link in that thread... got the set but not the .inf one..... looks awsome.... thanx mate...... can u giv me the inf set...?

Why in the hell..... do you insist.... on talking ..... like this????? What is your ...... malfunction????

Agreed, use comma's instead!

guys well nobody told me not to do that before, for me it was a way of separating multiple thougths, but if you feel this is beeter, no problemos, it shall be so

thats exactly what i wanted to say..... xpize is there so that u dont have to go for some 3rd party sets.... by the way..... ur osx theme link doesnt wokr....... i tried another link in that thread... got the set but not the .inf one..... looks awsome.... thanx mate...... can u giv me the inf set...?

ok i added a note about the broken link in my above post, and linked directly to the file.

The OSX4XP cursors didnt come with an INF installer, I shall make one.

The Fedora cursors do come with an INF file to install from, sorry for the confusion.

BTW has anyone found a link to the Contrast White set shown above? please post!

Edited by DigeratiPrime