is there are program that will automaticly fix win xp?

kurt476

Simple answer: No. There is no be-all-and-end-all program that will fix all your programs for you. Do you have any idea how hard that would be to write?!?!?

You seem like the kind of guy who likes to mess around with settings a lot (From reading in the Tips n Tweaks section). Use Acronis True image to keep a working copy of your hard drive, and if anything goes wrong, simply restore the image.

i was just quest if there is like vista? :rolleyes: because i heared there was a such thing as vista it self fixing windows it sefl.

it would of been nice to have windows fixing it self instead of you donwloading some tool will do all that. what do you think?

Edited by kurt476

Yes (in a way) it's called imaging software...you do a fresh install of windows/activate/download latest updates/install lastest drivers/adjust windows to setting you like (example: favorites/folder options/visual effects etc etc) /install software (example: firefox/avg/zonealarms etc etc/) /then install imaging software..i use norton ghost,but plenty of free programs out there...then make a image of your hardrive to cd/dvd...then if you ever screw something up or get a virus that wont go away or spyware etc etc,just pop in your image cd/dvd and your back to where you left off (from when you made image) then just check for any windows updates,antivirus updates etc etc

The thing for vista is it will automatically detect and repair operating system errors, hardware/disk errors(if supported) but not if a program wont come up. This auto repair is strictly operating system.

I havent seen too much of this new technology working on my beta machine.. we will soon find out how reliable it is or how well it works and exactally what it does fix and how good it is at fixing it.

The thing for vista is it will automatically detect and repair operating system errors, hardware/disk errors(if supported) but not if a program wont come up. This auto repair is strictly operating system.

I havent seen too much of this new technology working on my beta machine.. we will soon find out how reliable it is or how well it works and exactally what it does fix and how good it is at fixing it.

Will be looking forward to a post from you regarding how effective that feature in vista is.